Family Plus Leader
- Part-time position (28 hours per week)
- Not for profit organisation
- Based in Edgeworth NSW
- About The Canopy
The Canopy is a non-profit organisation that provides multiple services for families, children, and the community. This includes the management and hiring of a number of community facilities and community development initiatives. The organisation has a strong reputation for successful partnerships and collaborations with other agencies to ensure the best possible outcomes for everyone involved.
The Canopy Inc is seeking to recruit a suitably equipped and motivated person to lead and develop our exciting recently launched service stream of fee-based family supports provided under our new Family Plus Program. This position offers a great opportunity to shape and develop this new program which is in its infancy.
Our fee for service programs comprise services delivered through our existing Family Time Children’s Contact Services and our new Family Plus Program. Family Plus comprises a suite of specialised family support services tailored to individual fee for service requests from external agencies seeking to purchase specialised family supports for families they are engaged with.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Oversee the delivery, development and growth of our Children’s Contact Services and Service Fee Family Supports Program (ie; Family Plus);
- Lead and support ‘Coordinator Children’s Contact Services’, ‘Family Plus Workers (providing fee for service family supports);
- Lead practice reviews in collaboration with Family Service Leader;
- Review and assess service requests for Family Plus;
- Prepare quotes for service requests in consultation with Finance & Administration Manager;
- Identify and forge fee-based service delivery opportunities relevant to The Canopy family services philosophy and service model;
- Develop and/or source relevant wrap around family supports we can offer through our fee-based family services;
- Develop policies and procedures required to support the Family Plus Program;
- Liaison with relevant government and non-government agencies as required;
- Liaison with Family Law Firms and Family Court Services as required;
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Social Welfare or relevant discipline.
- Qualifications in Clinical Supervision.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leading, supporting and managing staff.
- Highly developed people management skills with demonstrated ability to forge positive working relationships within the organisation and with stakeholders.
- Extensive understanding of child development, attachment and trauma theories in relation to casework with families with multiple complex needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to confidentiality, Child Protection and WHS legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in family casework and child protection.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working with children and their parents/carers;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding in all aspects of facilitating quality Children’s Contact Services.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of family violence, abuse, family separation and conflict on children and young people.
- Knowledge and understanding of working with children and young people with complex and challenging behaviours.
- Experience working with people in crisis and/or parents in conflict;
- Demonstrated high quality interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed skills and experience in writing and critiquing client case notes.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in time management and managing high caseloads and/or large work volumes.
- Proven capacity to maintain personal wellbeing and balance through utilisation of effective self-care practice/s.
- Highly competent in use of MS Suite of computer applications and use of client management databases.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict management.
- Possess current First Aid Certificate.
- Possess current Working with Children Check.
- Willingness to adhere to any future vaccination requirements mandated by NSW Health which The Canopy may be required to adhere to.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulations/standards relating to Children’s Contact Services and/or family law.
- Current driver’s licence and access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Willingness to work after hours (where required).
- Willingness to share responsibility of staffing weekend ‘oncall’ phone’ with Coordinator Children’s Contact Services to support our Contact Workers whilst facilitating scheduled Family Time occasions of service.
NOTE: Preferred applicants will be required to provide a National Police Criminal History Check Clearance prior to being formally offered employment.
- Previous experience in Children’s Contact Services.
- Previous experience working with children in complex situations.
- Experience providing clinical supervision to staff in family services or community services setting.
- Familiarity with Federal Circuit of Family Law Court order procedures pertaining to supervised children’s contact provisions.
- Knowledge and understanding of ‘Signs of Safety Framework’.
- Understanding of Trauma Informed Practice Framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of evidenced based parenting programs.
Please note that if successful you will be required to undertake a national criminal history check.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter, written application specifying how you meet each selection criteria item and include your current resume. Send completed application addressed to Lisa Standen, Finance and Administration Manager, The Canopy Inc at [email protected].
Applications will close at 9:00am, Monday 14 August 2023.