Aboriginal Identified Position.
ABOUT NUNGA MI:MINAR INCORPORATED:
Nunga Mi:Minar Incorporated is a not for profit Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with over 40 years of service delivery in culturally responsive specialist services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and families impacted by Domestic and Family Violence.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the National Plan to End Violence against Women and Children Nunga Mi:Minar has the opportunity to trial two new programs.
KUMANGKA – is a post crisis program that will be delivered in collaboration with Kornar Winmil Yunti (KWY). The program will support Aboriginal families who are or have experienced family and domestic violence. The program will create a culturally safe service response for Aboriginal families (women, men, children, and young people) to heal.
EASE – is an early intervention and prevention program delivered in collaboration with the Australian Refugee Association, Centacare and Women’s Safety Services SA. The program is community development focused, aimed at changing family and domestic violence narratives through the promotion of information, advice, and access to services.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The successful applicant will possess skills, experience and knowledge in working with Aboriginal people to address Family Violence and safety and wellbeing of children. The Applicant will have an understanding of local support services, and demonstrated knowledge of case management and working with Aboriginal families.
- SCHADS Award
- Salary Packaging Options
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL NEED
- Prior experience and demonstrated knowledge in working with families experiencing domestic and family violence.
- Prior experience and demonstrated knowledge of family support and complex case management.
- A South Australian Working With Childrens Check (WWCC)
- A Safe Environments for Children and Young People – Through Their Eyes Certificate
- A Current South Australian Drivers Licence
- Eligibility to Work in Australia
- Fixed Term Contract
HOW TO APPLY:
- Obtain a copy of the Job and Person Description by contacting Grace on 8367 6474 or email [email protected]
- Complete a 2-page cover letter that addresses the Job and Person Position Description and skills and experience.
- Email your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Applications close: 5.00pm 24th of September, 2023
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY