Rapid Response (click for more info) is an evidence-based program where you hold a small caseload of only two families, providing families with short-term and intensive (up to 15 hours per week) face to face support.
A safety-focused plan is developed with child protection and the family, and provides intensive, in-home support to address the crisis and immediate needs identified. Rapid Response Practitioners focus on addressing the protective concerns utilising a strengths-based approach that incorporates coaching and role modelling to build on parental strengths, skills, knowledge and resources to increase the levels of safety within the home.
Who we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT
- Knowledge and experience working with families with complex needs, mental health, AOD, family violence
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with families using innovative approaches
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours to see families together and at home
- Ability to engage quickly and assess risk
- Professional experience and relevant qualification(s) in social work, psychology or a related discipline is essential, diploma level qualifications are suitable with relevant experience.
What makes this such a great role for you:
- You get a salary starting at $102,554.40 plus super.
- Salary packaging is available up to $15,900 plus an entertainment card.
- SCHCADS award level 6.
- A fixed term position covering a period up until 31st July 2024.
- Work from our great office space in Bendigo.
- Quality supervision and feedback on your practice.
- Access to pool cars.
- We take the Health and Wellbeing of our people seriously offering a Well Worth It! Program, EIP and EAP.
- Access to discounted health insurance as well!
- A diverse and inclusive workplace for you to feel safe, acknowledged and included.
- Our people are our biggest asset, we will support you to progress your career with a dedicated L&D team.
- We have a Rainbow tick and DCA accreditation, so our inclusive culture is not only demonstrated but also recognised.
What our people say- “AV is an organisation where if you want to challenge yourself or explore opportunities, you don’t have to leave to do that. There are so many great people, programs and services, so it’s an organisation where you have great conditions for growth and development”.
Ready to take the next step:
Applications close on Sunday 20th August.
The next bit is easy, click apply below and submit your resume with a cover letter that describes your passion for working with vulnerable children, young people and families.
To learn more about the role a full Position Description is available here: Position Description – Practitioner (AVAW P FPR RR 2021V1) (4) (2).pdf
The advert is only meant to be an overview. For further enquiries please contact Carlie Aylmer via email at [email protected]
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.