About the Role
Meli is excited to advertise for the role of Family Services Worker within the Newpin Program. This position is full-time, ongoing and reports to the Manager – Early Engagement.
The Family Services Worker provides an intensive therapeutic support program through case management and group work programs to families and young children. The Family Services Worker, in conjunction with the NEWPIN team provides an early intervention response to strengthen and enhance parenting skills and foster secure parent and child relationships.
- Plan and deliver a high-quality centre based and outreach program responsive to the specific needs of children and parents
- Skills and ability to facilitate and evaluate responsive therapeutic and educative group work programs and to develop moderately complex group work projects.
- Support and proactively encourage parents’ active participation in the Newpin program ensuring that the wellbeing and developmental needs of their children are met
- Undertake case management responsibilities by having responsibility for individual clients.
- Full-time, ongoing
- $94,077 p/a + super + salary packaging
- To view the Position Description please head to our Meli Careers webpage
What We Offer
- Flexible working options
- Meli is a not-for-profit organisation, so you can salary package up to $15,900 each Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) year for general living expenses
- A workplace passionate about diversity and inclusion with Employee Led inclusion working groups open to all employees
- Extensive learning & development opportunities with pathways for career progression
- Employee Assistance Program – independent confidential counselling service
- A dynamic culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Ability to purchase up to 4 weeks additional leave
- Paid parental leave program, in addition to the government parental leave scheme
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Early Years, Social Work, Psychology, or other related Behavioural Sciences at degree level
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Child Youth and Family Act 2005, Child Safe Standards, and the MARAM Risk assessment tool.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with children and parents preferably in the provision of individualised case management support.
- Competent in self-management and ability to work both individually and as a member of a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
- To apply, please click the ‘quick apply’ button on Seek, or head to our Careers page on our Meli website https://www.meli.org.au/careers/
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check and undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement.
- Meli reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date of this position, so please don’t delay in applying.
For a confidential discussion about the position please contact Yvonne McAuliffe, Manager – Early Engagement, on 03 5278 8122.
Meli is committed to providing a child safe environment. We have zero tolerance of any abuse or maltreatment of children.
Meli values and celebrates diversity and are working to create a team of people who reflect the diverse community we support. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQIA+, culturally diverse people, those living with a disability, and those looking to return to the workforce following a break in their career are encouraged to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Recruitment team via email at [email protected].
Applications close 12:00pm Friday 15 September 2023