- $83,988 + super + salary packaging + remote allowances and benefits
- Full time, permanent role
- Location: Mornington Island – accommodation provided
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Tertiary Family Support program actively engages vulnerable families experiencing multiple and complex needs during times of heightened vulnerability to minimise or prevent a family from entering or re-entering the statutory child protection system. We work with families in their homes and communities, using a strengths-based case planning approach to build safety, well being and belonging and facilitate effective and sustainable change in families.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Engage with families and work together to develop effective plans for long-term positive outcomes
- Providing therapeutic intervention to support case plans
- Actively work with families to identify goals that will promote safety, well-being and belonging for their children
- Engage families in their homes and at other suitable locations to actively and proactively overcome barriers to engagement
- Undertaking case management including reviews, reporting and administration functions
- Create and update individualised case management files for all clients
- Work with colleagues and other agencies to conduct group learning and reflection sessions such as parenting and budgeting
- Coordinate and participate in stakeholder meetings with other services and clients
- Participate actively in community network meetings
Requirements for Success
- Experience in case management of families facing multiple and complex challenges
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant Child Protection and Domestic and Family Violence legislation
- A degree or qualification in Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology or another relevant field
- Professional understanding of the issues and needs facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families including Inter-generational Trauma
- Strong administration skills – reporting, case notes and general documentation
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and influencing ability – able to relate to children, parents and other service providers
- The ability to form partnerships and connections with other professionals and organisations
- Demonstrated capacity to manage time effectively while managing a caseload of complex clients including the ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality
- A sound level of computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and client case management systems
- A positive team player who looks for ways to improve current work practices and processes
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you