Relationships Australia Queensland (RAQ) is a leading provider of relationship and family support services. We believe healthy relationships are essential for the well-being of children, families and communities. We are committed to offering the best possible counselling, mediation, education and support services, and are committed to social justice and inclusion. We provide services from more than 30 centres and employ over 400 employees across Queensland.
About the Role
We are currently seeking applications for a Family Support Worker located at our Bowen venue. The role is fixed term, part time role working 7 days and 52.5 hours across a fortnight (3 days one week, 4 days the next week) until 30 June 2025 with potential to extend.
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance and support for parents and the community, on nurturing the development of children and families through group work, education groups, and individual counselling and referral, with a focus on prevention and early intervention.
Workdays/hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Applying theoretical knowledge of adult and child learning styles, child development, and community capacity building to develop, document and deliver group work and education programs aimed at promoting the safety and wellbeing of children/young people and developing or enhancing parenting skills
- Providing brief intervention counselling to parents, care providers, children, and families, using appropriate interventions
- Application of knowledge relating to child protection issues, including the impact of neglect, physical and emotional harm on children/young people, to provide effective prevention and early intervention strategies
- Networking and developing collaborative relationships with relevant government organisations and community agencies to build community capacity, to successfully link children, young people and adults to other support services
- Conducting client assessment and intake of client needs to make client appointments, provide relevant information and make appropriate referrals
- Travelling and outreach work around the Central Queensland region communities.
To be successful in this position, you will have
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in the social or behavioural sciences or relevant experience paired with demonstrated experience
- Theoretical knowledge of working therapeutically with children and their parents / care providers in relation to child development, abuse and/or neglect.
- You will have understanding of theoretical frameworks and models of child and adult education and community capacity building, and well-developed group facilitation skills.
- Experience in managing caseloads and effective time management and knowledge and application of relevant legislation and regulations, with specific reference to child protection.
The salary being offered is $80,963.63 to $96,817.50 per annum, pro rata, to be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience, plus superannuation.
What We Can Offer You
- Work-life balance and flexible working hours
- Additional annual leave over the Christmas period, annual leave loading and study leave
- A supportive team environment and opportunity for professional development
- Salary packaging options available of up to $15,900, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay
- Paid parental leave and additional benefits such as medical insurance discounts
How to Apply
To apply, send us your resume and a cover letter, outlining your demonstrated experience in each area and please mention in your cover letter which venue you are applying for. Applications can be submitted by clicking the Apply Now button below!
Applications close at 4pm on Tuesday 12 September 2023.