We are seeking an experienced self-motivated, client-focused family and relationship counsellor. Your exciting role will include intake, assessment interviews and offer counselling and deliver evidence-based therapy to individuals, couples and families in a culturally safe and supportive setting.
▪ Leading family relationship services organisation
▪ 0.6 FTE, hybrid ongoing role
▪ Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award
▪ Salary packaging up to $18,550 per annum
▪ Paid External Professional Development
▪ Paid external Clinical Supervision
▪ Employee Assistance Program
Relationship Matters, is a dynamic, values based not-for-profit organisation specialising in relationship, family and individual counselling, mediation and education. For over 75 years we have been committed to making a difference to our clients no matter which sector of our Community they come from. We continue to provide high quality relationship counselling, dispute resolution and relationship education services. Relationship Matters also provide Employee Assistance Programs, training and workplace consulting.
About the role
We are seeking a self-motivated, client-focused family and relationship counsellor. You will undertake intake and assessment interviews and offer counselling and deliver evidence based therapy to individuals, couples and families including clients seeking assistance with their relationships. The successful candidate will work in a supportive and nurturing multi-disciplinary team of psychologists, mental health social workers and mental health nurses.
We are seeking a practitioner who can:
• Provide life span appropriate individual, child, family and couples counselling, assessment and case management interventions,
• Undertake client centred therapeutic counselling and group work interventions,
• Manage themselves and their caseloads in a sustainable and effective manner,
• Work collaboratively across our client service lines
• Show excellent interpersonal understanding and communication skills
• Work with a range of technologies and service delivery modalities.
• Work with a range of clients from different backgrounds and life experiences.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in counselling, with demonstrated understanding of contemporary methods of individual counselling, relationship counselling, psycho-educational group programs, client centred practice, risk assessment and safety planning
• Demonstrated understanding of the Family Law Act 1975 and the Family Violence Protection Act 2008
• Computer and financial literacy, with experience in fee-for-service consultancy
• Experience working with LGBTIQ+ communities, children, people who use family violence and/or victim survivors is highly desirable
• Experience in EAP counselling and critical incident responses is desirable
• A tertiary qualified Practitioner with Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or Family Therapy qualifications and postgraduate studies, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience;
• Registered with AHPRA or AASW or the equivalent Professional association, or soon to be registered
• Have proficiency in contemporary methods of counselling and family therapy, along with direct experience in the field; knowledge of Gottman theories and practice is an advantage.
• Knowledgeable about the Family Law Act 1975,
• Be eligible as a Family Counsellor under the Act;
• Able to promote the profile of Relationship Matters across the community through providing professional, caring service delivery.
A professional in your field, you can work independently while working within a cohesive, committed and high performing team. Together with your exceptional level of ethical standards and well-developed interpersonal communication skills, you will have the capacity to manage and ensure high standards of practice. Previous experience working in a human services environment would be highly regarded.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Gender Diverse, Intersex, Queer and Questioning (LGBTIQA+) people.
Application details and a position description are available from www.relationshipmatters.com.au/employment.
Applications including a cover letter and a resume should be forwarded to HR – Relationship Matters, Level 4 – 255 Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000 or emailed to [email protected] by Friday 14th of October 2023. Note that applicants are not required to write to each of the selection criteria.
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact Adrian Harris on 0432 586 773