Act for Kids is a prominent provider of prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2021 – 2022 we provided services to 39,002 people, including over 23,000 children.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
Our culture in a nutshell:
- Strong values-based organisation: Professional, Ethical, Team, Caring, Courageous, Collaborative.
- Supportive and flexible working culture.
- Wellbeing and development focused employer of choice!
About the job…
We are looking for a trauma-informed Therapist (Psychologist, Social Worker, Family Therapist or Counsellor) to join our friendly team in Blacktown.
This role is about providing an outstanding therapeutic service to vulnerable children and families impacted by trauma. Options for full-time or part-time – choose what works for you!
Our Blacktown office is conveniently located – with onsite parking & walking distance to the nearby train. Join a supportive multidisciplinary team providing high quality services to vulnerable children & families, with access to peer supervision and team support!
- Provide an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people & their families in the Blacktown area.
- Maintain a client case load as negotiated with the Clinical Service Manager. This will include an Early Intervention component and is comprised of supporting the triage, assessment and referral of individuals who are awaiting clinical allocation.
- Provide psychological assessments and interventions as part of an integrated team.
- Identify and work toward client goals and achieve successful case outcomes for clients.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (Psychology, Social Work, Counselling).
- Professional registration (as required) and membership of relevant professional associations (desirable).
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people, and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- A high level of cultural awareness and experience working with families from different cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the pay…
- Position is classified Level 6 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $102,555 – $107,080 plus superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits…
- Excellent professional development options including annual professional development fund opportunities.
- Access to peer supervision, ongoing support, national travel and training, and funded course options.
- Paid parental leave, study and exam leave.
- Work for an Employer of Choice: Winner 2019 + Categories: Health/Wellbeing; Leadership; Work-Life Balance.
- Strong values base: We are Professional, Ethical, Team, that is Caring, Courageous, and Collaborative.
- EAP including Health & Wellbeing Portal for you and your family.
- Eligibility for a positive Working with Children Check and relevant positive NDIS Worker Screening Check in the applicable state of employment in Australia or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility will be requested.
- Fully vaccinated with the prescribed doses of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption.
- Job applications will be reviewed as soon as submitted. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV as soon as possible.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit an application.
- For more information about the role, contact Carmelina Faga on 0409 362 846 or [email protected]
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.