Are you passionate about making a difference in families’ lives through reunification? Join the Newpin (New Parent and Infant Network) program and contribute to positive change.
The program involves parents and their children regularly attending a center-based program for up to 18 months, engaging in a range of activities that promote wellbeing, improve parenting capacity, and support the development of positive family relationships.
This role is based at our Smithfield site.
This is an exciting time for the Newpin service and we are looking for a person who can fulfil the role of Family therapist within our program. The role supports team members and the whole service to provide holistic, strengths-based services and trauma-informed services that support the reunification of families.
This role is responsible for:
- Facilitating parent education groups.
- Guide self-development and therapeutic groups.
- Provide a client-focused approach with all stakeholders.
- Maintain a high standard of professional practice and ethics.
- Qualifications in Social Work, Counselling or similar
- Skills in coaching and therapeutic counselling.
- Experience in working with diverse families
- Knowledge of trauma and its impact on family functioning
- Experience working with families in a strengths based perspective
- Ability to work as a team, providing collaborative case management
Uniting Communities is a leading, inclusive not-for profit community services organisation working alongside more than 80,000 South Australians each year to reduce inequality, improve wellbeing, overcome disadvantage and support people to live the best lives they can. We value diversity and are committed to providing respectful, accessible services.
About the Benefits
- In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 per year pre tax and additionally a $2,650 Meals and Entertainment card.
- To see how this could potentially benefit your take home pay, visit our salary packaging provider – Access Pay
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Early Intervention Physio Program
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
Check out our additional benefits at www.unitingcommunities.org
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position description and a current resume including the names of 2 current referees, including a past or current supervisor.
To discuss in confidence, please call Ethan on 0497 511 184
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 1st September 2023.
As an organisation, we are committed to protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are required to work within our code of conduct and undergo relevant pre-employment checks.