EACH has been successful in a funding bid to implement the Youth Enhanced Services (YES) program across the entire Eastern Primary Health Network catchment, with staff to be located at headspace Knox and the EACH office in Epping. YES provides support to young people aged 12 – 25 with complex and longstanding mental health issues, and their families.
- Full-time or part-time flexible ongoing position
- Work from our headspace Knox and/or Epping office + outreach as required.
- $45.51 – 50.53 per hour + 11% Super + Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging up to $18,550
Working collaboratively with parents/carers and families of young people being supported by the Mental Health Clinicians within the YES program, the Family Therapist will engage, assess, and provide a range of effective evidence-based interventions to families of the young person.
The Family Therapist will also provide guidance across the team regarding the importance of conceptualising the family system and other systems when working with young people.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and skills in supporting and working with families with young people who suffer from significant mental health challenges and experience significant disengagement from social activities, education and employment. You will also have experience working within a team to support clients with mental health challenges.
Mandatory Qualification/s, Competencies and/or Licences
- Minimum graduate certificate in family therapy in addition to a tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, or human services related field.
- Current state-based driver’s license.
Who you’ll be working with
This interdisciplinary team will include a Psychiatrist, Mental Health Clinicians, Family Therapist, Dual Diagnosis Clinician, Youth Peer Support Worker and Carer Peer Support Worker, and an Administration Officer.
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our people. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Generous not-for-profit salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax-free income per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for career progression and ongoing professional development
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to purchase additional leave
If this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come to work each day, we’d like the opportunity to learn more about you!
Please have a read of the position description, attach a resume, and in the ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ field include brief outline addressing your interest and suitability for this role.
Applications close: Monday 28th August 2023
** Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received.
~ We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant ~
*Our Diversity & Inclusion Commitment*
At EACH, we aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality, or religion. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience to apply.
EACH is committed to creating a culturally safe environment that values and supports Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people(s); where culture and heritage is acknowledged, and respected, as being core to their existence. We recognise and respect the unique culture and contribution that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people bring to our communities. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.