Barwon Community Legal Service is an independent not-for-profit organisation providing free legal services to vulnerable community members experiencing disadvantage. Our main office is in Belmont and we assist clients at a number of outreach locations in the Barwon region, and at Geelong and Colac Magistrates courts.
A just society in which all people have equal access to, and status under, the law; and a legal system which is humane, fair, and equitable.
To challenge systemic disadvantage and enable our priority communities to access the support they need to understand their legal rights and overcome their legal problems.
As a key member of the intake team, the Family Violence Intake Worker will operate within our enhanced intake framework to help clients to navigate our service, and to provide them with high quality referrals where appropriate. The Family Violence Intake Worker will also provide our lawyers with administrative support to allow them to focus on delivering a holistic legal service to clients and the community.
The Family Violence Intake Worker will provide client intake and administrative support to our lawyers.
You will have:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role within community and/or community legal sector
- Good attention to detail and ability to adhere to data processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex processes in plain language and in a culturally sensitive manner
- Empathy and a client centric approach
- Experience with technology and data management systems.
You may have:
- Have an understanding of the areas of law that are commonly encountered in community legal centersAn understanding of community legal centre practices and services
- Understanding of the principles and practice of the community justice sector and appropriate referral pathways
- Experience working with people from diverse ethnic and social backgrounds.
Full-time position – 38 hours per week
Social and Community Services Employee Level 4. Annual Salary – $77,577
plus superannuation, leave loading and salary packaging.
5 days free leave between Christmas and New Year
For a position description, please visit our website at https://www.barwoncommunitylegal.org.au/work-with-us/.
Enquires contact Geordie Stapleton on 1300 430 599.
Applications close Friday September 29th however applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and candidates will be interviewed progressively, therefore the position may be filled before this date.
- Provide a maximum two-page cover letter and your resume to [email protected].
- Late applications and applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
- Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Our organisation is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance of child abuse.
BCLS is an inclusive employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, members of the LGBTIQ+ and culturally diverse communities are encouraged to apply.