ABOUT THE ROLE –
- Provide direct service delivery to women and children residing in the refuge;
- To protect confidentiality and ensure the safety, rights and dignity of service users are maintained at all times;
- Maintain security measures at the Women’s Refuge, and other service locations and ensure that service users also understand the measures and their responsibilities regarding security;
- To Participate in an after-hours roster which includes over-night weekday shifts and weekend night and day shifts;
- Provide a re-call response where a two-up model is required to support women and children afterhours.
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Location – Morwell
- Job Security – Casual After Hours – weekends and night shifts
- Salary – SCHADS Award Level 4 (casual loading and penalty rates apply) | + Superannuation
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Personal Growth | Training & professional development | Supervision & support
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE – what you will bring;
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently maintaining the safety and security of residents of the refuge;
- A demonstrated understanding of the social and political issues impacting on women and children escaping family violence;
- Previous experience in crisis intervention and assessment with strong conflict resolution skills;
- A working knowledge of privacy and confidentiality and security issues for clients and workers;
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence/Working With Childrens Check/Police Check
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications (Diploma or above) and experience appropriate to the field.
**Quantum is exempt under section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to only employ women to family violence worker roles
About Quantum Support Services
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
How to apply
To review the Position Description please refer to our website at www.quantum.org.au/careers
To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees to [email protected] or click on the “Apply” button and follow the prompts!
For further information in relation to this opportunity please contact Carolyn Richards or Nicole Larkin on 1800 243 455
Applications will be considered for progression as and when they are received.