Anglicare have an exciting opportunity for a Family Worker to join our team in Community Services – SHIFT program team based in Western Sydney.
- Would you like to make a difference in the lives of families in the community!
- Are you passionate about supporting vulnerable families?
- Join our warm, supportive and dynamic team!
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Benefits of joining Anglicare:
- A warm, welcoming culture
- Ongoing training and development with a focus on career growth
- Flexible working arrangements which include hybrid / working from home and from our Norwest office
- Experienced and passionate leadership team who are supportive and consultative
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits – reducing your taxable income by $15,900 plus an additional $2,650 for salary packaging accommodation, meals and entertainment.
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee Assistance Program – Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- Fitness Passport
- Access to discounts from over 400 retailers on our rewards program
About the role:
Providing support, advocacy and referral to families impacted by domestic and family violence in a case management framework to assist them to find affordable accommodation in the private rental market. This position is permanent part time 3 days per week, based in Mount Druitt.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Develop a case plan with the client which is clearly defined with achievable outcomes.
- Ensure that relationships with clients are well developed by meeting regularly at the client’s home.
- Ensure that clients are fully supported to achieve desired outcomes from goals set and conducting regular case reviews with relevant stakeholders.
- Complete and maintain appropriate client documentation and statistical information.
- Ensures that professional boundaries are always maintained by adhering to legal requirements and organisational policies and procedures.
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, or welfare/community services
- NSW Drivers licence and access to a vehicle
- Previous experience working with vulnerable families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in trauma informed practice and working with clients who have fled from domestic violence
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Knowledge and experience about local support and community services, a keen interest and understanding of the Real Estate Rental Market is desirable.
Would like to join a supportive and growing Christian organisation where your skills and experience can make a positive impact to those in need? If so, then apply today!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare – Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date 1, closing date is subject to change without notice.