- $83,988 + super + not for profit salary packaging
- Full Time Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Geraldton WA 6530
- Rewarding work – every day you know you are making a real difference
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Based in Geraldton, in partnership with police and child protection you will triage domestic violence incident reports to identify and support victims and children at high risk. You will provide assessment, information, referral, and case coordination including safety planning to promote the safety, stability and wellbeing of vulnerable victims and children.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Respond to referrals from WA Police in a coordinated way with Police and Child Protective Services and ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Conduct risk assessments and safety planning using the Common Risk Assessment and Risk Management Framework to determine risks
- Participate in a range of interagency meetings, steering committees, and other forums in order to share information and best practice and highlight the needs of families in the community
- Adhere to all relevant internal and external policy and procedures, statutory and contractual requirements including client confidentiality, duty of care and OHS
- Develop quality relationships with a range of key stakeholders and partners including community organisations and other health professionals to allow for the effective provision of support and information to clients
Requirements for Success
With a significant background in the child, youth & family and/or FDV sectors, you will be confident in your case management and assessment processes. Other requirements include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated work experience working within the Family and Domestic Violence sector
- Strong understanding of Domestic and Family Violence sector, including current legislation and the WA Strategic Plan for Family and Domestic Violence, Child Protection, and the requirements of the Children, Young Persons and Their Families Act, and other key legislative reforms
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and working therapeutically with woman and children in a variety of settings including refuges Exceptional time management & organisational skills
- Full driver licence with no restrictions
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications, and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered, and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous employee discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
- Volunteering opportunities
- Extra leave available including an additional public holiday and the opportunity to purchase further annual leave.
How To Apply
Review the Position Description here: FDV Response Liaison Officer – Position Description.pdf
To be considered for this opportunity, click ‘apply’ and send your application today!
As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
Applications for this role are shortlisted as received.
Be quick to apply for this exciting and diverse role.