Redland Community Centre is a client focused organisation providing a range of programs and services to people in the suburbs of the Redland City Council areas, including the Bay Islands and the Brisbane suburbs of Wynnum/Manly. The Centre differentiates itself through its adherence to providing services to residents in a supportive, respectful and dignified manner. Redland Community Centre enjoys an inclusive workplace culture based on mutual trust and working within a tight-knit team.
For a copy of the PD please copy and paste the below links:
This is a full-time role covering both Financial Counselling and Service Navigation located in Redlands.
Qualifications & experience
- Qualifications and/or experience in the social services sector and specifically in financial counselling; ideally local to Redlands.
- Willingness to undergo a National Police Check and possess a Blue Card.
- Experience in the disaster recovery and preparedness space within community services or local government.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Provide face to face, phone, and outreach financial advocacy and support to vulnerable community members.
- Deliver tailored community education activities with a focus on empowerment and resilience building by providing strategies and awareness of current needs and issues which facilitate early intervention outcomes.
- Possess a highly developed local network of internal and external referral points which facilitate successful case managed outcomes.
- Maintain accurate data input and case studies to determine outcomes. Interpret data for emerging trends to ensure continuous improvement in client and community outcomes along with reporting requirements are met.
- Team player, flexible, with a positive attitude.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Home Energy Emergency Assistance Scheme (HEAS) and the ability to assist clients to obtain.
- Qualifications and/or experience in disaster preparedness and response.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Community Recovery Structural Assistance Grant (SAG) and Resilient Homes Fund (RHF) and the ability to assist clients to access.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people suffering difficulties and in crisis including; DFV and mental health.
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 tax free
- Work/life balance within a flexible organisation located in Redlands
- Employee Assistance Program 24/7 free counselling
To apply for this position, which is presented as a full-time opportunity for one FTE, please address the criteria listed in the PD’s in your cover letter and provide a current resume via the ‘Apply’ button.
Applicants will be reviewed as received with no formal deadline; please apply today!
Due to the expected high number of applicants only those shortlisted will be contacted. Redland Community Centre would like to wish you all the very best with your job search.