Opportunity to support individuals and communities to make informed decisions about their finances, build resilience and achieve financial stability.
- Flexible, family friendly working conditions
- Receive generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Part time (30 hours per week) ongoing opportunity
Anglicare WA is a highly regarded not for profit organisation, delivering a diverse range of community services throughout Western Australia. With over 600 staff and 250 volunteers, we are passionate about having a real and sustainable impact in the Western Australian community and to do this we need talented and engaged people who share our drive to achieve positive outcomes.
About the role
As a Financial Counsellor, you will provide a financial counselling service that aims to relieve monetary pressures experienced by clients in financial hardship. You will provide assistance to clients to gain an understanding of their own financial situation and to access appropriate support services. You will support clients to make informed decisions and take action as well as advocate and negotiate with creditors on their behalf. By doing so you will be instrumental in building our clients’ financial resilience and achieving financial stability
More broadly, you will work with the wider Katanning community to provide information relating to debt management, credit regulations and consumer finance issues. You will represent the program at relevant external forums and will work to develop strong relationships with other members of the Financial Counselling Network.
This is a part time (30 hours per week) role based in the township of Katanning.
You are a passionate individual who is driven to deliver a quality service for our clients. To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- A diploma in Financial Counselling OR relevant experience in community services with willingness to achieve diploma qualification.
- Eligibility for accredited membership with the Financial Counsellors Association of WA
- High levels of financial numeracy
- Excellent client and stakeholder management skills with demonstrated capacity for advocacy and successful outcome negotiation
- Great working knowledge of both credit procedures used by major utilities and the legal processes involved in debt recovery and income maintenance
- Ability to work in cross cultural situations and especially with Aboriginal people
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team
- Well-developed computer skills (Office 365 and client management systems)
You must have full working right within Australia and possess a current National Police Clearance valid within one year. You will also need to have a valid WA driver’s licence and own a reliable vehicle.
Why join us?
At Anglicare WA we are all about people, placing people at the heart of our work. We are focused on strengths, believing in and amplifying the strength of people and communities. We are fiercely inclusive, making sure everyone can belong. As trusted partners we are curious and creative, always looking for new ways to do better. We are courageous and gutsy, tackling difficult issues, even when it’s hard.
But don’t take our word for it! Here is what our people think:
- “Anglicare WA has a culture which celebrates people, the communities we work for and works in innovative ways with leadership who are connected with the work, everyone feels comfortable to be their unique selves here.”
- “Anglicare WA is really great at living and breathing our values everyday across the organisation, celebrating the diversity within our workforce, doing things differently, constantly trying to break down barriers for clients and families, making new employees feel welcome, great communication!”
Impact and benefits
Sharing your knowledge skills and experience, you will make an impact to the lives of families and communities across the state. In return for your drive and commitment, we provide the support of an inclusive and welcoming community which places people at the heart of all the work we do.
- $85,208 – $92,615 per annm pro rata + 11% super
- In addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum and not pay tax on that amount
- Additional 3 days (pro-rata) leave per year
If the opportunity excites you to develop your career in an organisation whose values align with yours then we want to hear from you. To apply, please click on the apply button and follow the prompts attaching a current detailed resume and covering letter.
Suitable candidates will be shortlisted as they present themselves – don’t delay applying!
Child Safe: Anglicare WA is committed to providing safe environments where children and young people feel valued, respected and are protected from abuse and harm.
Inclusive: We actively promote a working environment that values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQ+ and people with a disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Voice to Parliament: Anglicare WA is commited to walking alongside First Nations people and support the establishement of a Voice to Parliament, enshrined in the Constitition.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.