Full-time, contract until end June 2024
The City of Cockburn is dynamic and rapidly growing. It provides its employees with generous employment conditions and highly desirable lifestyle benefits including:
- Generous superannuation (up to 15%)
- Professional development opportunities
- Great study assistance (50% HELP contribution)
- Additional 2 days of leave per year
- Cockburn ARC membership
- 9 Day fortnight
- Wellness programs
Cockburn is one of the major coastal cities found in the state of Western Australia. With a current population of over 120,000, the City is dynamic, rapidly growing and an exciting place to be.
Situated just 22km south of the Perth CBD, Cockburn boasts an amazing coastline, beautiful beaches and parks, and is supported by a rich mix of community facilities and diverse employment opportunities.
As one of the City of Cockburn’s Financial Counsellors you will provide financial counselling and advocacy to individuals in order to optimise their financial situation. You will work collaboratively with other service providers and the Financial Counselling Network to determine appropriate strategies, referral pathways and support.
You are a passionate and talented individual who is driven to deliver a quality service for our clients.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Completed Diploma of Community Services in Financial Counselling.
- Eligibility for membership with the Financial Counselling Association of Western Australia.
- Experience and knowledge of Financial Counselling, including relevant statutes, regulations and policies.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver programs and services, including community education, in response to identified community need.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously at the local community level with sound problem solving skills.
- Highly developed communication and customer service skills.
- Sound record keeping, budget monitoring and report writing skills.
- A well-developed understanding of social justice issues, from a diversity and inclusion approach.
- Understanding of community development approaches and strategies
Salary: $82, 721- $87, 753 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
For Further Information please contact Linda Walker – Family & Community Serves Manager on 9411 3859.
To apply: Please address the Essential Criteria located in the Position Description and attach a cover letter and Resume. Then click on the ‘Apply for Job’ button on the City’s webpage (www.cockburn.wa.gov.au/employment) and complete the online application.
Closing Date: Thursday 28 September 2023 at 5.00pm
The City of Cockburn reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to this date.
The City of Cockburn is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people of all ages and people with disability.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the City of Cockburn values of Safety, Customer Service, Excellence, Accountability and Sustainability.