$120,000 + superannuation + salary sacrifice
Full-time – Fixed-term position
“An extraordinary business starts with extraordinary people. Extraordinary people start with purpose.” – Jesper Lowgren
About the role:
We are looking for someone passionate to lead our Foster Care team at AnglicareCQ. Our new manager can be based in Rockhampton, Gladstone or Emerald.
Our new manager will lead the team and give strategic direction to the Foster Care Program. They will ensure that all program functions are delivered effectively and to a high standard to meet the needs of our young people.
What will a typical day look like?
- Lead, manage and oversee Foster Care within the scope of the program.
- Oversee and coordinate mechanisms for participant consultation, feedback and complaints within the portfolio.
- Collaborate in the development of a participant engagement strategy.
- Lead, develop and maintain AnglicareCQ’s organisational accreditation and license with respect to Foster Care.
- Ensure outcomes are delivered according to Human Services Quality Framework, the Child Protection Regulations (2011) and the Child Protection Act (1999).
- Oversees internal compliance, auditing and reporting.
Who we are:
For almost 40 years, our truly local team of professionals have worked with people from a variety of backgrounds and beliefs to support them in living their best life. AnglicareCQ is a not-for-profit, purpose-driven organisation – and we give effect to that purpose through our staff. We endeavour to make the most ordinary things extraordinary – simply by doing them with the right people.
AnglicareCQ offers a diverse scope of interdependent and inter-related career paths which enables staff mobility and growth. Careers with AnglicareCQ are from a wide range of disciplines including leadership, community services, child protection, housing, and support services. We serve communities in and around Rockhampton, the Capricorn Coast, Gladstone, Biloela, Moura, Blackwater, Emerald, Barcaldine, and Longreach.
- Full COVID-19 Vaccination
- A bachelor’s degree in social or behavioural sciences, social work or psychology (or related discipline) and a minimum of 5-years relevant experience at a managerial level.
- Ability to obtain a Blue Card (working with children check positive notice or exemption)
- Ability to obtain a Yellow Card (disability services positive notice or exemption notice)
- Demonstrated experience at a management level in child protection more specifically, foster, kinship and intensive care programs, government relations, funding and growth across a geographically diverse portfolio.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Commonwealth, State and Local Government policies, programs, legal and compliance frameworks relevant to child protection services.
- Contemporary knowledge of principles, practices, theory and philosophies that underpin service delivery approaches towards participant outcomes in the foster care and the wider child protection sector.
- A high degree of drive, initiative, motivation and outcome orientation with the capacity to think strategically and deal with multiple and often conflicting priorities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective internal/ external relationships and to share specialist knowledge and technical skills within a team environment.
- Strong financial capability, including a commitment to producing consistently good financial results within the framework of program and achieving program growth.
- The ability to build and lead a cohesive team to develop the program in line with the organisation’s vision and strategic direction.
What you will bring to the role:
- A passion and genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of Central Queenslanders.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- The ability to identify and embed solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working within a high-performance framework where you are accountable for KPIs on program delivery and outcomes, within a fast-paced solutions-focused environment.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- A strong communicator, able to quickly build rapport and influence across a diverse range of people.
What we offer:
- Attractive salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program (Acacia)
- Career development and lifestyle benefits
- A culture that celebrates achievement through recognition and reward
- A purpose-driven environment with some fun along the way
- Supportive management and team
For more information please contact: