Churches of Christ, Children, Youth & Families, Bundaberg
Permanent, full-time opportunity
Highlighting the importance of this role for our team:
Here at Churches of Christ, we help thousands of Queensland families to become happier, safer, healthier and stronger through our various support services. Currently, there is an opportunity for you to become a part of this initiative. Reporting to our Team Leader, you will utilise previous skills and demonstrated experience in the provision of care services to children, young people and their families, to deliver:
- Carer recruitment, training and assessments, in addition to delivering information sessions and pre-service training for prospective carers;
- Key community support services to negotiate family support plans and undertake placement coordination activities;
- A range of assessment, crisis intervention, short-term intervention skills and therapeutic approaches to provide both therapeutic and practical support services to children, young people, carers and families.
What you can bring to the team:
You are passionate about the welfare of children and achieving the absolute best outcomes for them. You will have the ability to easily establish and build rapport with people, in addition to being a naturally caring and positive individual.
This is a role working with people and as such, you should really thrive on those daily interactions. With excellent communication skills, you are capable of liaising comfortably with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
- Degree qualification in social work, psychology, social sciences or a related discipline;
- Minimum two years’ experience in the provision of care services to children, young people and their families in statutory care;
- Demonstrated experience in providing training to carers and applying assessment, crisis intervention and short-term intervention skills and therapeutic approaches;
- Applied knowledge and understanding of child protection and out-of-home care frameworks.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: Unconditional Love, Continual Innovation, Mutual Trust, Wise Stewardship and Safety.
As a not for profit entity, our employees can package up to $18,549 p.a. of their taxable income before your income tax is calculated. Up to $15,900 p.a. on every day expenses (such as mortgage payments, rent, groceries, bills and insurance) plus up to $2,649 p.a. on meal/entertainment benefits.
By being such a large organisation, we are also able to offer a range of compelling benefits. Including but not limited to:
- Five (5) weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more;
- Discounts through our large network of retail partners including:
- JB Hi-Fi,
- The Good Guys,
- Goodlife Health Clubs,
- Bupa Health,
- Plus many more;
To apply for this position please click the Apply Button. For further information, please contact Jasmine Sims, Service Manager, on 07 4152 0709.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: Monday 18 September 2023