- $83k (pro rata) + super + salary packaging
- Part time – 22.8hrs hours per week – flexible days and times
- Location: Wollongong or Goulburn
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
You will provide specialist counselling and support to people whose lives are impacted by problems relating to gambling harm via face to face, telephone and online modalities including other media as required. Provide gambling specialist information and support regarding therapeutic interventions, strategies and counselling to Individuals, Couples, Families and Groups.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support clients who are experiencing gambling harm
- Develop, implement and review culturally appropriate individualised intervention plans
- Maintain relationships to link in with existing services and other support agencies
- Develop and/or conduct and facilitate group support and treatment programs as required
- Develop quality and effective working relationships with a range of key stakeholders
- Provide accurate and timely reports to management on activities and client progress
- Participate in training and supervision
- Maintain accreditation with relevant bodies
- Work from other locations as required to meet community need
Requirements for Success
- Recognised Tertiary qualification in Counselling
- Membership of relevant professional association
- Knowledge of local community health services and other community programs
- Experience in working with individuals from a diverse background
- A current NSW driver’s licence
- Addictions counselling experience is an advantage
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you