- Work within a values driven, progressive organisation
- Be part of an engaging team that thrives on challenges
- Maxterm Full time and Part time opportunity with flexible work arrangements
About the Opportunity
As a service provider Melbourne City Mission’s work is focussed on supporting people to take charge of their own lives and participate fully in community life. Melbourne City Mission’s service profile includes: Children, Youth, Adult and Family; Disability; Employment, Education and Training; Homelessness; Justice; and Palliative Care.
The Case Manager role is based in the Western and Inner Metro Melbourne area and provides case management support to young people who are at risk of becoming homeless. Reconnect is a prevention and early intervention program that provides support for 3- 6 months with family mediation, counselling and case management support to young people aged 12 to 18 years who are at risk of becoming homeless and their families (or newly arrived young people from CALD backgrounds aged 12-21). The program aims to support young people to stabilise and improve their housing situation and improve their level of engagement with family, education, training employment and their local community. The program services the local Government areas of Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Moonee Valley and Melbourne CBD.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Manage a portfolio of clients using innovative and effective case work practice
- Provide comprehensive support for young people and their families, within the Reconnect framework
- Provide effective early intervention strategies for “at risk” young people and their families, in conjunction with the Reconnect team, partners and service providers
- Develop and facilitate group workshops for young people who are disengaged from education, employment and training, experiencing family conflict or family violence or at risk of homelessness
- Complete regular reporting, data collection, and record keeping
Benefits of working with MCM include:
- Inclusive Employer by the Diversity Council of Australia
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits
- Supportive learning and development environment
- Culture of continuous improvement
- Qualifications in Youth Work, Social Work, Community Services, or a related discipline
- Significant experience in working with and providing casework to young people and their families, particularly within the context of early intervention and youth homelessness
- An understanding and experience with the youth homelessness sector and/or mainstream services, including knowledge of patterns, trends and systemic issues
- An understanding of key issues as it relates to youth homelessness and family breakdown
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other organisations in the education and welfare sectors, in formal and informal partnerships, to achieve client outcomes
- Extensive knowledge of casework principles
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver group work initiatives
- An understanding of the requirements for ensuring child safety
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of theory and practice as it relates to early intervention within the context of youth homelessness
- Demonstrated ability to develop and facilitate group workshops and deliver group work initiatives for young people
- Demonstrate that Child Safety is a primary part of everyday thinking and practice.
- Strong administration skills and computer literacy
- National Police check
- Working with Children check or ability to obtain
- Valid Victorian Drivers license
- Right to Work in Australia
Up to date with COVID-19 Vaccinations or valid medical exemption
Applications for this role close: 28th August 2023 or Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early. Please include your current resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Please review the position description to understand more about the role and responsibilities.
For assistance with your application please email: [email protected]
We are a leading not for profit, purpose-driven organisation that offers a broad range of services in Early Years, Disability, Homelessness and Family Services, Palliative Care and Education.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people.
Our commitment to Safety
MCM is committed to the safety of its clients and employees, taking a zero-tolerance approach to violence within the workplace and abuse, including child abuse and abuse of people with disability. All employees are required to comply with the Child Safe Standards.