Work in an appreciative and supportive environment, that offers generous remuneration – including tax savings and additional leave where you will achieve real and meaningful outcomes that positively affect our community.
Established in 1979, Gunditjmara Aboriginal Cooperative’s vision is simple: “Empower the individual the family wins, Empower the family the community wins, Empower the community our culture wins”. Our team of dedicated professionals work together to achieve this outcome as evidenced in our latest audit where we received two rare commendations Workforce Development and Diversity & Cultural Safety. Put simply, this is a great and highly supportive place to work.
This is an identified position. The Equal Opportunity Act permits special measures that help people who experience disadvantage to access equal opportunity in employment. Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples are eligible to apply for this position, which is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic).
Under the broad strategic direction of the CEO, this General Manager position provides high level strategic and operational oversight of GAC’s Family & Community Services and People & Administrative service operations. This includes clinical practice, measurement, and monitoring of the client experience, establishing and maintaining effective processes for fostering innovation within the incumbent’s allocated duties.
This position will be a key driver in advancing the change agenda of the organisation and will also play a key role in collaborating with all levels of management in implementing, monitoring, and reviewing organisational strategies. This includes ensuring inter-departmental collaboration beyond individual portfolios, particularly in carrying out organisational improvement initiatives and risk management processes.
THE IDEAL PERSON FOR THIS ROLE
- Identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of local Aboriginal culture and community.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal groups/individuals.
- Minimum of a Diploma of Community Services (or like qualification), with preferably business qualification.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in executive management.
- Demonstrated success in community and client delivery services.
- Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with key partnerships.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to offer innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent language, communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the proven ability to manage timelines, budgets and meet key performance indicators.
- Experience managing organisational change in complex environments.
- Strong commitment to evidence-based practice
- A commitment to the process of continuous improvement.
Tertiary studies in business or public (First Nations) policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Position descriptions are available at https://www.gunditjmara.org.au/current-vacancies.
Please forward your covering letter (addressing the key selection criteria) and resume to [email protected] .
We are looking to fill these position ASAP, however we will wait for the right candidate, so get in quick.
We are a Child Safe organisation. This means that any job offer will be subject to strict screening processes and proof of immunisation (both childhood & Covid). See the position description for further information.
Closing Date- 18th of August 2023