Position Classification: Genetics Counsellor Lvl 4
Remuneration: $57.52 – $58.95 per hour
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ416192
Kingscliff Community Health is seeking a Genetics Counsellor to provide advanced clinical services, leadership, support and education in Genetic Counselling as an integral part of the multidisciplinary health care team for individuals, families and health professionals within the Northern NSW Local Health District (NNSWLHD).
If you have/are:
- Degree in a Health related field e.g. health science, psychology, nursing or counselling discipline with a postgraduate Diploma or Masters in Genetic Counselling. Certification in Genetic Counselling by the Human Genetics Society of Australasia.
- Ability to apply advanced clinical reasoning and ability to apply professional judgement when performing novel, complex or critical tasks
- Leadership to utilise problem solving skills and a multidisciplinary team approach in the planning, delivery and coordination of patient care
- High level knowledge and understanding of person centred care, quality improvement and evidence based practice
- Ability to supervise professional, technical and support staff
We can offer you:
· Flexible and supportive work environment
· Diverse career pathways
· Professional and personal development
· Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
· Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
· The opportunity to make a difference!
Northern NSW Local Health District embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality care to our community.
NNSWLHD is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
· To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
· You may be subject to a probationary period of three months from the date of appointment to this position.
To be appointed as a Level 4 Health Professional evidence must be provided of three years’ clinical experience and demonstrated experience of extensive specialist knowledge or a high level of broad generalist knowledge within the discipline as defined by the award definitions of a level 4 practitioner.
Applications Close: 30 August 2023