Who are we?
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds. headspace has 108 centres across Australia in metropolitan, regional and remote areas, as well as online and phone support services through eheadspace.
Sonder is the lead agency for headspace Adelaide, Edinburgh North, Marion and Onkapringa.
What benefits can we offer?
When you work with Sonder, you become part of the Sonder family and that provides you with a number of benefits such as:
- Salary (excluding super) paid above award and reviewed annually
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development allowance provided yearly
- Generous salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by 6-12%
- Modern and welcoming office spaces
- Christmas Closure Bonus Leave (above annual leave entitlements)
- Training opportunities
- Meal & entertainment allowances
- Paid parental leave, and much more!
Sonder are open to negotiating further benefits with the successful applicant to ensure an excellent working environment for you.
Hours/ Contract: Full-Time (1FTE). Graduate Program Fixed Term Contract until 30/6/2024 with the opportunity to apply for other positions within Sonder once program is complete.
Location: headspace Adelaide
Position Description: https://bit.ly/GraduateMentalHealthClinicianJP (copy and paste)
Learn about the position:
In the role of Graduate Clinician, you will be provided with ongoing clinical support and regular supervision as you develop your clinical skills. You will be provided with the opportunity to work across different programs within our headspace Adelaide center, working with various disciplines and clinicians specialising in different areas. You will hold your own case load of clients that you will work with independently and in group settings.
Please see the attached position description to learn about the anticipated learning outcomes from this graduate program (page 2).
- Placement or previous employment experience working in a mental health setting
- Relevant experience in the area of youth mental health
- Relevant professional development and or supervision.
- Experience in providing therapeutic support to young people with mental illness
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment, coordinating client care.
- Completion of studies or qualifications that allow for continued progression towards APHN credentialed qualification requirements (Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker, and Occupational Therapist). Examples of qualifications or studies which will provide the opportunity to obtaining APHN credentialed qualification requirements include: Master of Psychology, Bachelor of Social Work (Honours), and Master of Social Work.
- Current or willing to obtain a Working With Children’s Check
- Safe Environments – Through Their Eyes Certificate (desirable but not required)
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter and resume to Sonder via our careers portal on our website.
Feel free to send any enquiries to [email protected]
Closing Date: 14th of September 2023