RCT Therapeutic Group Facilitator
Join a team that believes its people are its greatest asset as a Group Facilitator
- Permanent full-time, part-Time and casual including weekend opportunities
- Hone your skills as part of our dedicated and vibrant multidisciplinary team
About the Role
An exciting and dynamic opportunity exist for experienced and motivated, Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Nurses (APHRA registered) OR Social Workers, Psychotherapists and Counsellors with professional body membership to facilitate evidence-based group therapy to adult inpatient and day program women and people who identify as female.
In this position:
The group program focuses on skill building informed by interpersonal group therapy, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Schema therapy. Group members will be empowered to develop effective coping strategies to improve mental health, foster recovery and achieve a full and meaningful life. Each group session uses well researched techniques: group supportive psychotherapy, skills building and physical movement training.
You will have the ability to plan and organise skills groups, along with a commitment to excellence in the delivery of healthcare services to patients seeking mental health treatment, will also be key to all these positions.
You will need to demonstrate;
- Registration/qualifications re your relevant field or industry body, i.e. AHPRA
- Minimum of one-year post-graduate experience in Mental Health and group facilitation with a commitment to excellence in health care delivery
- Training and experience in aforementioned modalities (trauma-informed)
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise workload in a complex therapeutic environment
- Ability to facilitate and deliver skill group content with creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills to engage and interact with people with mental illness to promote and uphold the ‘Ramsay Way’ core values
Ramsay Clinic Thirroul is a 43-bed female patient only unit/day program (we do have male staff), providing a safe environment where women can deal with trauma-related mental health presentations via specific comprehensive recovery focussed programs.
Located in Illawarra, this role provides prospective employees a fantastic lifestyle opportunity living and working in a beautiful region on the South Coast. The unspoilt South Coast offers pristine beaches, mountains, national parks and rich biodiversity.
Ramsay Mental Health has been committed to providing world-class standards of care for people affected by mental illness since 1964. It treats more than 70,000 mental health patients in Australia each year.
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Professional development programs
- Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Study leave
- Ramsay employees and their families are eligible for a fitness passport – to help achieve your wellness goals with a discounted gym membership
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance – you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Car servicing discounts on Mazda vehicles
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Tech discounts on Microsoft and Apple purchase
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave ask to find out more specific details
*Casual employees may not be able to access all benefits
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Merrylord Harb, Allied Health Manager