StriveAbility Support Services
- Permanent part-time
- 26-32 hours per week (weekdays)
- Social and Community Services Award + relevant award entitlements including penalty rates, overtime, and allowances + superannuation.
- Start date negotiable.
StriveAbility is a NDIS registered provider operating on the Sunshine Coast for 3 years. Services provided to NDIS participants include; community and centre-based groups, skill development, individual support, accommodation STA/MTA/SIL, and support coordination.
StriveAbility is built around providing purposeful, person-centred, respectful supports, with a strong emphasis on ‘doing with not for’.
We are looking for a long-term commitment by a new team member to join our growing StriveAbility family. The role will involve the development, implementation, and facilitation of group programs at our centre in Maroochydore.
Interpersonal skills that are most suited to the role include;
- Bubbly and positive personality
- Adaptable and organised
- Observant and a team player
- Creative and resourceful
- Excellent communicator and time management
Duties of the role include, but not limited to;
- Liaise with participants, their families and representatives, support workers and management.
- Planning and developing new group programs or revamping the current programs.
- Creating learning experiences to meet the needs of varying abilities and learning styles.
- Set up for the days group activities.
- Utilising a group budget to source resources for groups.
- Build rapport with participants and support staff.
- Seek feedback and implement changes to improve service delivery.
- Assist in updating participant support plans.
- Experience working in the disability industry required, preferably in a similar role.
- Qualification preferred.
If this sounds like you and you are willing to commit to identified workdays over a long-term period, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and you will be contacted in due course.