About us- We care
CatholicCare is a local not-for-profit organisation committed to helping those in need regardless of religious beliefs, background or circumstances. Our Vision is for inclusive, thriving communities where human dignity of all is respected and valued.
We provide services that support people across all stages of life: early childhood education, out of school hours care, community age and disability Care, foster care, school counselling and parenting courses across the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands and the Macarthur regions. We are proud to offer genuine career pathway opportunities to our employees so they can continue to work with us even if they chose to pursue a different profession within the sector.
About our role- We care about others
CatholicCare has been committed to strengthening relationships and improve the quality of life for individuals, families, children and couples experiencing a range of relationship issues. The aim of our Families & Communities Program is to strengthen vulnerable communities by supporting and building capacity in families, children, and individuals, particularly during times of change. Through our services we strive to minimise intergenerational trauma.
We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Group Worker to join our Family Services program in delivering groups in the Campbelltown region. The Group Worker will plan and present a range of programs that target various community groups that support clients to reach their goals.
This is a part-time role working 10 hours per week (with the possibility of more hours) for a period up until 30 June 2026. The salary for this position is $36.00 per hour.
This role will include outreach work within the community.
Our benefits- We care about you
In addition to being part of an organisation that genuinely makes a difference in people’s lives you will also enjoy:
- Competitive salaries and hourly rates
- Salary packaging options
- Additional paid personal leave every year
- Long Service Leave after 7 years of service
- Study Leave
- Professional development including internal and external training opportunities
- Healthy work/life balance through hybrid working models, flex time and flexible working arrangements*
- Free and confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym memberships through Fitness Passport
- Peace of mind driving to and from work with Employee Journey Insurance
Our requirements to provide care
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment AND/OR other tertiary qualifications in social work; social science; welfare; education or psychology
- Ability to creatively deliver programs and adapt a group to the needs of particular participants
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends if required
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Drivers licence and reliable vehicle
Close Date: 1 October 2023
As part of our recruitment process we will be reviewing applications as they are received. As a result, this position may close prior to the closing date. If you are interested in working with us, we recommend sending your application across as soon as possible. Best of Luck!
CatholicCare Wollongong is committed to equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. All employees are subject to probity and pre-employment checks. CatholicCare Wollongong is a smoke free zone.
CatholicCare is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of children and young people and to the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. Applicants are thoroughly screened prior to employment.