The NDIS Groups and Activities Facilitator will be responsible for the delivery of a variety of both centre-based and community-based groups and activities
- Join a supportive team in community mental health
- Casual on call in Oatlands near Parramatta
- Support adults experiencing mental health problems in group setting
Uniting Recovery’s NDIS program aims to support NDIS participants with severe and persistent mental health problems and assists participants in developing the capacity and resilience to undertake life tasks independently and achieve their lifetime goals.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate a variety of groups and activities which focus predominantly on developing social or basic living skills.
- Provide high-quality group-based activities for NDIS participants
- Ensure the continuing improvement of services delivered by participating in quality improvement processes to ensure best practice
- Certificate IV or equivalent in Community Services, Mental Health, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating group based social and basic living skill activities for adults with a lived experience of severe and complex mental health problems.
- Ability to engage with participants with strong group facilitation skills
- Understanding of the recovery model and how this applies to adults experiencing severe and complex mental health problems
- Unrestricted Driver’s License
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Position criteria.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development, including cultural awareness training
- Career development and progression opportunities
Enquiries to Talent Acquisition Specialist Rose Rivera on [email protected] . Ref 502360