- $93,713 to $130,736 per annum plus Super
- Part Time Continuing 3 Days per week, 22.8 hours per week.
- Commencing January 2024
As a Guidance Counsellor with BCE:
You will form part of the guidance and counselling team supporting the students and school community of St Rita’s Catholic Primary School, Victoria Point in this part time continuing position. You will work collaboratively with the school community to foster the learning and wellbeing of all students through the provision of a proactive, quality guidance and counselling service.
Supported by School Services and the Student Wellbeing team you will be responsive to a vibrant and complex community of teachers and learners. Become part of a welcoming and supportive organisation, which encourages professional learning and staff engagement.
About the school
Brisbane Catholic Education (BCE) is a learning community of over 146 schools. We aim to provide quality teaching and learning outcomes for Prep to Year 12 students.
St Rita’s is a Catholic co-educational school for primary students from Prep to Year 6. Our school is located in the Redlands bayside suburb of Victoria Point in a pleasing physical environment of landscaped grounds and modern learning and teaching spaces. As a Catholic parish school we promote a welcoming and vibrant community where respectful and positive relationships are fostered with our parents, carers and the St Rita’s parish community. Explore our school website to learn more about us.
Your key responsibilities:
- Facilitate proactive and preventative practices and initiatives for the holistic development, mental health and wellbeing of students
- Manage counselling and consulting services for students
- Provide psycho-educational and other assessments
- Ensure BCE protocols and quality processes are implemented
- Maintain standards of practice
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Full registration as a Teacher with QCT plus completed Masters in school guidance and counselling; AND/OR full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA;
- Successful experience as a Guidance Counsellor in an educational setting with a focus on prevention, intervention and student learning
- Experience in identifying and developing activities to address academic and life career development of students
- Experience in the administration, interpretation and report writing for psycho-educational assessments
- Experience in providing support and leadership in response to student protection issues, critical incidents and risk management
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Eligibility to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment
For more detail, please refer to the attached Role Description.
BCE benefits: Stronger connections today | Inspired people tomorrow.
Belonging to something bigger allows us to play a key role in building better communities for a future we will all be proud to be part of. We employ people of all faiths and denominations, we are accepting and respectful of individuals personal beliefs. You will quickly become a core part of a compassionate and professional team that values diversity of thought and a commitment to building and shaping future generations.
- Meaningful work where you can make a difference
- Flexible working arrangements
- Up to 12.75% superannuation (with co-contributions)
- Competitive remuneration with salary packaging and sacrificing options
- Access to professional development
BEGIN your application now to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Everyone at Brisbane Catholic Education models and fosters a commitment to the safeguarding of children and promotes a culture where safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Successful applicants will complete requisite Working With Children (WWC) pre-employment screening, in accordance with legislation, prior to appointment.
Equity and inclusion are at the core of our Catholic values and we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. Should you require specific adjustments to the recruitment process to participate equitably, we encourage you to contact us at the time of application.
Please note applications for this role may be considered as they are received, and an appointment made prior to the advertised close date.
Closing Date: 08-Oct-2023 at 10:00pm