Are you driven by a passion to assist others in their daily living and community activities? We are seeking compassionate Support Workers to join our team. In this role, you will work with minimal supervision, providing vital support to individuals, helping them maintain their well-being and pursue their desired outcomes. By building strong relationships and coordinating care, you will contribute to the quality of life for our participants, fostering independence, inclusion, and access to valuable resources.
Join us as a HASI Support Worker in Tweed Heads, with opportunities to work across Northern NSW. This is a full-time maximum term contract until 30th June 2025.
Benefits for you:
Here at Open Minds, we believe in creating a supportive and positive workplace culture that is dedicated to the professional development of our team.
We also offer so much more that includes the following:
- A progressive wage dependent on experience and qualifications
- Opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 of tax-free income
- Access to our free counselling service
- Provide training in evidenced based change models: Motivational interviewing and the Acceptance and Commitment Model
- Possibility of gaining a permanent position
How you will make a difference:
- By developing an understanding about what your clients’ values and helping them take actions that are consistent with their values.
- Create and develop relationships with you clients, their family, your colleagues, and team from other agencies to clients reach their goals
- Implement planned activities that promote client independence
- Celebrate client’s achievements
- Enable connection with community resources as desired by client
- Report client’s requirements and reinforce positive behaviour.
- Maintain professional responsibilities such as mandatory reporting, legal requirements, contract KPI’s and documentation.
What you need to get started:
- Up to date COVID vaccination
- Police and Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers Licence
- Minimum Cert IV in Mental Health or related field
Here at Open Minds, our purpose is to enable an independent and positive future for all people living with mental illness and acquired brain injury related disability. Originally founded in 1912 as the Queensland Wattle Day League, we have a deep and proud history in providing positive health and wellbeing services across Queensland and New South Wales. Today Open Minds is recognised as a leading provider of mental health and disability support services.
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider with more than 500 employees across 35 locations. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals aligned to our values to help us deliver on our purpose.
What happens next?
Please ensure you attach a resume detailing why you would be a great addition to the Open Minds team! If you have any further questions, please reach out to [email protected]
Open Minds acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present, and emerging. We are committed to honouring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their unique cultural and spiritual relationship to land, water, and seas and their rich contribution to society.