The Lakes College is seeking to appoint an experienced Head of House for the commencement of 2024.
This is a new leadership role at The Lakes College and as such we are seeking to engage an experienced well-being and pastoral leader to help transition the College to a Head of House structure and work collegially with other internal and external stakeholders.
A Light in the Heart of North Lakes.
The Lakes College is a vibrant Prep to Year 12 learning community committed to developing young people of character who embody the Uniting Church values of our community.
As a place of BELONGING, of BELIEVING and for BECOMING, we seek to partner with staff and families to grow young people of influence who are curious, courageous, connected and ‘future ready’.
Relationships, culture, and heart matter every day at The Lakes College. As such we are looking to engage an experienced and relational Director of Performing Arts to join our inclusive College Community.
- A community that has a vibrant teaching and learning culture, with approachable and authentic school leaders.
- A community that thrives within a growing modern campus with contemporary facilities and access to open green spaces.
- A community that provides opportunities for personal and professional growth, generates knowledge, sparks curiosity, forges character and promotes connection.
As Head of House, you will promote the development of the well-being (academic/social/emotional) of the students in your House, by establishing a supportive, caring, and effective pastoral care system which develops positive relationships between students, staff, and the wider College Community, within the context of the College’s Vision, Mission, and Values Statement.
While these positions report to the Head of Secondary, the Deputy Heads of Secondary (7-9) and (10- 12), will be responsible for supporting the Heads of House in managing student relationships and behaviour to ensure that the right relationships for learning are achieved.
As Head of House, you will be required to maintain a teaching load as part of your role. As such candidates with the following teaching areas will be considered favourably for this Position of Added Responsibility.
* English and Humanities | Dance, Drama and Media Arts | Health & Physical Education | Industrial Design Technologies *
- Ability to build and support authentic and high-functioning leaders and wellbeing teams.
- Experience supporting student safety and wellbeing through systems and processes.
- A demonstrated educational leader who uses evidence-based research to support best practices when engaging with students and designing wellbeing programs.
- Experienced in the development of strategic partnerships to build a network to enhance educational outcomes for students and The Lakes College community.
- Ability to actively support and promote the Mission and Vision of The Lakes College as a Uniting Church school.
- Previous experience in a Head of House or similar role, include and understanding of the foreseen challenges of a new structure and the roles and responsibilities of a Head of House
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must submit as part of their application all elements listed on the ‘How to Apply’ page of the ‘Candidate Information Pack’.
This pack is available through The Lakes College website https://www.thelakescollege.com.au/our-college/employment/
Applications close at 3.00 pm on Friday 6 October 2023.