The King’s College is a Pre-kindergarten to Year 12 coeducational school with a current enrolment of 840 students, situated in Wellard in the southern corridor of the metropolitan area. The College is growing in size and a new Primary School is currently under construction. The College is a ministry of The King’s Chapel and has been offering quality education in the area for over 34 years.
The College’s vision is to provide a Christian education and train its students to “be exceptional”. Students need to believe they can improve and are not locked into certain levels of achievement. This requires a growth mindset from students that is supported by their teachers.
The King’s College is committed to ensuring child safety in every aspect of College life. The enrolment policy is one of inclusion and this is reflected in the numbers of students from culturally diverse backgrounds.
About this role
Applicants are sought from qualified and experienced individuals with a demonstrated commitment to a Christian and Biblical worldview. The College timetable has flexibilty to suite applicants from a range of learning areas.
Head of Year
The King’s College Wellard
Position commencement Term 1 2024
Skills and experience
The successful applicant must:
- Adhere to the ‘Staff Code of Conduct’, ‘Child Safe Policy’ and ‘Statement of Affirmation of Faith’.
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching and learning.
- Maintain high curriculum and assessment standards.
- Possess skills that enhance the pastoral care and wellbeing of students.
- Focus on creating a supportive, inclusive learning environment.
- Develop healthy relationships of mutual respect with students, parents and colleagues.
- Demonstrate highly developed communication skills, including effective communication with parents and support professionals..
- Promote the College in the community and surrounding districts.
Click here for Duty Statement OR copy and paste URL below.
Please submit the following via the link below, referencing the position title:
- Current registration as a teacher with the Teachers Registration Board of WA (TRBWA)
- Covering Letter; Curriculum Vitae; WWCC Currency; Application for Employment form; Australian Citizenship or Permanent Australian Residency; Academic Qualifications, certified copies of degree(s) and transcript(s).
- Referee Contact Details: three professional, including current line manager (they will not be contacted unless you are a preferred candidate); one personal; pastor or minister’s reference (where possible).
Once documentation has been uploaded you will receive confirmation of this process. You will also receive the Staff Code of Conduct and further information. The closing date is shown below.
Closing Date: 4.00pm Friday 6 October 2023