- unique locations
- friendly communities
- regional, rural and remote $$$ incentives
For more information about our organisation please watch the short video supplied below or visit https://www.northwest.health.qld.gov.au/opportunities/
What’s on offer?
Permanent full-time position available in the Child and Youth Mental Health team. This position is based in MOUNT ISA.
The Mental Health and Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Services (MHATODS) Headspace Liaison initiative will work collaboratively with headspace to:
- Better integrate headspace with the state MHAOD service elements to enable a seamless consumer experience, decrease transitional service gaps and enhance system capacity.
- Improve timely access to multidisciplinary youth mental health treatment and care for adolescents and young people aged 12-25 years, consistent with the headspace model and a no wrong door policy.
- Ensure seamless and streamlined transition between headspace and state funded MHAOD services (strengthen clinical pathways).
To attract top tier candidates we offer generous remuneration packages that include:
- Base salary ranges between $4586.20 to $4935.00 p.f. (HP4) or $4933.10 to $5355.90 p.f. (Nurse Grade 7)
- 5 weeks p.a. recreational leave + loading.
- Up to 12.5% employer superannuation contribution.
- Mandatory requirements are a relevant tertiary degree qualification (Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Pyschology or Social Work) and appropriate registration/licences.
- Social Work Blue Card Requirements: Potential applicants are advised that the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000 requires Queensland Health to seek a ‘working with children check’ from the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian prior to appointment to this position.
- Possession of class C drivers’ licence.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Child and Youth Mental Health Services, Mental Health and ATODS, Mount Isa, North West Hospital and Health Service, Queensland.
Mount Isa is a vibrant, multicultural place, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home.
It’s a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, education, and outback lifestyle.
The Traditional Owners of the area are the Kalkadoon people.
Download the Role Description for further information and application / interview preparation.
To discuss the role or location contact: Dan Van Der Donk on 07 4744 7103
Apply ONLINE by: Thursday 31 August 2023.