- Exciting new program offering – make this role your own
- Fixed term contract to 30 June 2025
- Part-time, 4 days per week
Footprints Community is a well-regarded not-for-profit provider of community-based services, working in the community for over 30 years. We specialise in working with older people, those that experience disability, mental illness, as well as those who are at risk of homelessness.
About the role and program
Reporting to the Clinical Manager – Aged Care Services, the Health Ageing Facilitator is responsible for building relationships with relevant regional primary and acute health services to develop strategies to reduce unnecessary client presentations to acute hospitals and premature admission to residential aged care for the program target groups, people aged 65+ or 50+ for First Nation and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The position will provide outreach support to identify at risk clients via individualized support and group health promotion initiatives that are responsive to specific regional needs as identified by existing health services and client experience.
Provide direct outreach support to people aged 65+ (or 50+ for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples) in the Somerset, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and South Burnett regions living with symptoms of frailty, complex disease, and/or psychosocial issues, inhibiting access to wellness and health stability
- Bachelor in relevant field (e.g., Community Services, Social Work, Human Services) or significant progress towards such a qualification and demonstrated knowledge/experience of the provision of community-based support services.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the provision of support services to people living with chronic health conditions/frailty and bio-psychosocial risk factors.
- Ability to be respectful, calm, and encouraging towards clients and have patience and understanding of others? recovery journey, including the ability to set boundaries and be self-aware.
- Ability to show initiative, think critically and make judgments based on sound reason and the information/evidence presented.
- Ability and willingness to run groups and health promotions for clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to encourage and support individuals to engage in meaningful activities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and computer literacy
- Current class C driver license & own roadworthy vehicle
- National Workers Screening check or current Yellow Card
- Covid-19 Vaccination requirements as determined under the Public Health Directions and/or alternative measures as determined by Footprints
- Experience working alongside, or identify as First Nations peoples.
- Experience working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Sound knowledge of local service providers.
- An understanding of systems including but not limited to: My Aged Care, NDIS, and Government agencies e.g., Centrelink.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Flexible work arrangements
- Attractive remuneration with generous salary sacrifice benefits
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and training
- A committed and friendly teamwork environment
For further information please contact Robyn Tyerman-Webster on 0447 522 765
Applications Close: COB Friday, 18 September 2023, however, applications may be reviewed upon receipt with shortlisting and interviews commencing prior to the closing date.
The full position description is available on our website https://footprintscommunity.org.au/work-with-us/