Work at Dementia Australia and be part of a passionate team committed to making a difference. We value our people and are proud to offer flexibility, attractive salary packaging options and employee support programs.
About the role
This is a part time secondment position until 30 April 2024, (4 days per week with flexibility to work Saturdays) based at the North Ryde or Perth office. Reporting directly to the Team Leader Client Services, you will be responsible for:
- Providing brief dementia-specific consultations via incoming and outgoing phone calls, live chat, email
- Providing service referrals of relevant internal and external services that are available to the clientele including education programs, support programs and other relevant service offerings
- Ensuring that client activity and all other appropriate information is documented in line with professional/legal standards and telephony system requirements
What is in it for you?
Salary benefits: we offer all employees the opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 each year for living expenses and up to $2,650 each year for entertainment benefits.
Leave allowances: in addition to an annual leave allowance of 20 days (pro-rated if part-time), you will also receive three days paid end of year closure leave, one day paid birthday leave, up to six weeks parental leave and 17.5% annual leave loading.
Work/life balance: flexible, hybrid work arrangements.
Employee benefits: access to discounts and savings at over 450 retailers across Australia. Wellbeing programs and access to free and confidential counselling sessions for you and your family plus access to continuous professional development and paid study leave.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with the following:
- Experience providing individual solution focussed support/information/counselling in an appropriate health/allied health/aged care field
- Demonstrated understanding of the health, disability and aged care service systems
- Previous experience in providing individual telephone-based support services, (previous experience in a health contact centre will be highly regarded)
- Experience providing quality services as part of a high functioning team and working towards defined KPI?s
- Exceptional IT skills including timely and accurate data entry, ability to manage multi-system environments, and independent problem identification and resolution skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate speciality area such as Counselling, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work or similar.
- Diversity and Equality
- Respect and Inclusiveness
- Integrity and Accountability
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the more than 400,000 Australians living with dementia, and the more than 1.5 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. No matter how you are impacted by dementia or who you are, we are here for you.
Please note, applications will be required to contain a resume plus a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria in the About You section above.