- $83,988 + super + not for profit salary packaging
- Permanent Full Time Contract
- Location: Bunbury WA6230
- Rewarding work – every day you know you are making a real difference
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Home Stretch WA model was co-designed with young people, Aboriginal community members and the broader system that supports young people transitioning from Out-Of-Home Care. As one of the first services providing Home Stretch in WA, you will play an important role in continuing a better service system for young people transitioning from Out-Of-Home Care to interdependence.
As the Mission Australia Home Stretch Transition Coach, you will provide 1:1 professional support, guidance, and case coordination to young people transition from Out -of-Home Care, offering them and extension of support and resources to the age of 21 years.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop a young persons’ natural networks and assisting them to build and maintain connection to culture, country, family, and community supports
- Offer and broker access to a safety net of financial support and resources through the Home Stretch WA service offer
- Provide tailored support services using a culturally safe and strengths-based approach and case coordination that is consistent with the Home Stretch WA Transition Coach Practice Principles
- Working collaboratively with relevant stakeholders including the Department of Communities Child Protection staff, foster families, carers, the young person’s kin, community, and people identified as significant in their lives
Requirements for Success
With a significant background in the child, youth & family sector, you will be confident in your case management processes, ensure the right to self-determination drives your practice, while promoting the wellbeing of young people. Other requirements include:
- A Degree or Diploma in Social Welfare/Social Science or similar and a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- A comprehensive understanding of the barriers and issues affecting young people who have been in state care
- Experience in working with young people who are disengaged from education, training, and employment
- Ability to work in a culturally safe and trauma informed manner
- Demonstrated experience in providing vulnerable young people with complex needs with a range of supports including case management/coordination, assessment, counselling, and crisis intervention
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and the ability to work with Aboriginal young people, families, and communities
- Demonstrated capacity to work flexibly and in a solutions-focused way
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, particularly in aligning partnerships or working relationships with Aboriginal community members and services
- Sound knowledge of and relationship with referral sources, government, and non-government agencies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with high level computer skills
- Experience in initiating, organising, and planning activities
- Confident working as part of a diverse team
- Must have a Full driver licence with no restrictions
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications, and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered, and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous employee discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
- Volunteering opportunities
- Extra leave available including an additional public holiday and the opportunity to purchase further annual leave.
How To Apply
Review the Position Description here: PD Transition Coach (Case Manager) Home Stretch Child Safe – June 2022.pdf
To be considered for this opportunity, click ‘apply’ and send your application today!
As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
Applications for this role are shortlisted as received.
Be quick to apply for this exciting and diverse role.