Position: House Manager
Location: Positive Care Solutions– Northern Sydney, NSW
Agreement/award: SCHADS Award dependent on experience
Contracted hours: 1 FTE Responsible to: Operations Manager, Positive Care Solutions
To manager a new service provision for high complex needs client
The House Manager will be instrumental in administering services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and provides hands-on leadership to support people achieving their goals.
This position is the key link between the team responsible for the design and delivery of services and the Operations Manager who has overall responsibility for the development and delivery of our services.
Duties and Responsibilities
People Mentoring and Development
Mentors, develops and supervises service facilitators.
• Provides direction to establish and maintain, within the team, supports and services to assist people to live with dignity in the community in control of their lives and their supports and services.
• Is responsible for the wider team of support workers.
• Contributes to the delivery of quality of service.
• Promotes a clear vision of quality in services and supports, reviewing and monitoring quality and leading innovation and continuous improvement.
• Works closely with the team, prioritising and matching referrals to the most appropriate services to ensure the development of self-determination, effective individual plans, service design, continuous review and improvement of quality services is achieved.
• Provides reports internally and externally as required.
• Facilitates networks of people and their families to support self-determination and direction of their services.
• Actively participates, in relevant promotional activities and consistently challenges and improves the quality and scope of the services that we provide.
• Has knowledge and awareness of all people supported and, alongside the team, provides supports to participants and their families/carers.
• Develops good working relationships with funders, referral agencies, other providers and community groups.
• Develops and manages internal and external relationships with other groups or organisations. Linking customers and the team with internal and external resources.
• Takes responsibility for sharing personal knowledge and skills across the organisation and provides training and mentoring to others outside the area when required.
• Works with the General Manager to develop strategy and plans to deliver excellent support to the current base of individuals and ensures the continued growth and expansion of Positive Care Solutions.
• Ensures that people’s options for support are explored, referrals are passed to, and acted on, by the most relevant service facilitator within the area.
• Supports the Operations Managers, in developing and delivering of services with the budget.
• Ensures that resources are being used as efficiently as possible, particularly with regard to efficient utilisation of support workers, and ensuring that travel and other expenses are contained as effectively as possible, without compromising the needs of people we support.
• Ensures that budgeted support is delivered and that over-delivery of support is managed within agreed parameters.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings as required.
• Contributes to strategic and business planning and/or leads projects to progress Positive Care Solutions objectives.
- Produces reports as required.
• Maintains own professional development.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
• Comprehensive understanding of businesses administration.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of person centred principles.
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Varied and relevant experience in commercial practice with an emphasis on the design, planning and associated costings.
• Broad knowledge of financial processes and guidelines related to individual funding and budgets and high-level conceptual and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in office IT applications.
• Sound organisational skills with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
• Knowledge of and experience in implementing procedural change
• Ability to analyses processes and makes recommendations for procedure development and process improvement.
• Knowledge of key reform agendas currently impacting on the community services sector.
- Certification and minimum 3 years’ experience in management within the disability, mental health, or community services sector.
- Sign and adhere to NDIS Code of Conduct
- Strong understanding of NDIS compliance including reporting and RPA’s.
When applying for this position please send a Cover letter addressing the Duties and Responsibilities including People mentoring, Service delivery, and essential criteria, resume and any qualifications.
If these 3 areas are not addressed within your cover letter your application will be incomplete and will not progress to the next level.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Michael Wilkinson, Operations Manager via email [email protected]
Closing date for this position will be Wednesday 30th August 2023, Interviews for successful candidates will take place at an agreed time following application.