Housing Case Manager – Therapeutic Rehabilitation Program
(Maximum Term Contract – Part Time)
- Attractive Total Salary Package
BeyondHousing is committed to the vision of ending homelessness and are driven by values of Advocacy, Fairness, Innovation, Quality and Collaboration to achieve this vision.
The Housing Case Manager provides housing-focused support to specific participants who are completing a custody sentence and have a history of homelessness. The Housing Case Manager will be part of a multi-disciplinary team whose objective is to reduce drug-use and re-offending among court-supported participants who are sentenced to a Drug and Alcohol Treatment Order (DATO).
The Housing Case Manager will support participants to address barriers that may impact on their risk of homelessness and offending and discuss progress with the court to best shape each participant’s DATO. Housing-focused support should increase access to housing, assist with sustaining leased properties and create continuity in housing to enhance the likelihood of successful completion of a DATO.
The Housing Case Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing Information and support to clients on housing options
- Develop and maintain quality networks including with accommodation providers and other relevant service providers.
- Providing individualised support to clients with court communication relating to their case.
- Develop and maintain strength-based housing plans with the aim of maintaining existing tenancies and planning support to obtain long term housing.
If you are seeking an employer that values a harmonious work/life balance, we could be the employer for you.
- Maximise your paid leave with up to 9 weeks (44 days) off for full time staff.
- Exercise during work hours. Up to two paid exercise breaks a week during your ordinary work hours.
- Health & wellbeing reimbursements. Claim up to $350.00 a year back for any health & wellbeing related expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program providing independent, free, confidential support for you and members of your family.
- Regular support & supervision
- Bonus Christmas leave Day for all team members.
- Cultural & Ceremonial Leave
- Up to 7 weeks paid parental leave for eligible employees.
- Access to other paid leave types, such as blood donation leave and study leave.
- Be a part of multidisciplinary and fun team environment in a modern workspace.
Pay & Conditions
In return for your dedication, experience and professionalism, BeyondHousing offer:
- This a maximum term contract role until 30 June 2024, working three days a week.
- Attractive Salary of $41.52/hr to $44.68/hr (based on Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 4)
- With the ability to maximise your take home pay with Salary Packaging – up to $15,900 for living expenses and additional $2,650 for meal and entertainment expenses each year tax free
- Portable Long Service Leave
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities (including access to financial support and study)
- Immediate start available
To be successful in these roles you will have the following:
- Excellent IT and administrative skills including MS Office and Outlook
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of as busy team.
- Compassion and an understanding of the principles of social justice
- A current driver’s licence.
- Experience within the social, housing or community sectors will be highly regarded.
For a copy of the Position Description please visit the BeyondHousing website at https://www.beyondhousing.org.au/about-us/about-us/join-our-team/. Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 16th August 2023. Any queries should be directed to the Human Resources Coordinator, Tabitha Davenport on 02 6055 9000. To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected].
The successful candidate must participate in a National Police Check and Working with Children Check as this role operates within a Child Safe organisation.
Indigenous people and people of culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.