ICYMHS MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN
- Grade 2/RPN 3 Mental Health Clinician
- ICYMHS Access Team/Short Term Assessment & Treatment Clinic
- Permanent Part Time (0.8), applicants seeking a full time position can be considered
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to an enhanced mental health service for infant, children and youth (0-25 yo) who are experiencing serious mental ill health.
About the team
The ICYMHS Access Team provides the entry point into the service for children, young people, and their families who are generally contacting mental health services for the first time. In addition, the role includes brief intervention work with young people and families in the Short Term Assessment & Treatment Clinic. Our busy team is expanding and we are looking for skilled and enthusiastic Grade 2/RPN 3 clinicians to join us in providing high quality mental health care in vibrant Box Hill.
About the role
The Grade 2/RPN 3 role includes:
– Telephone and face-to-face assessments of young people presenting with acute and/or complex mental health concerns
– Managing and prioritising referrals for the CYMHS community and specialist teams in consultation with senior staff
– Short term intervention for young people and their families
– Opportunity to participate in primary and secondary consultations to other service providers in conjunction with senior staff
– Opportunity for extended hours (until 8pm) on Monday evenings
Benefits of the role include belonging to an experienced and supportive multi-disciplinary team, regular clinical supervision and regular professional development.
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
The benefits of working for Eastern Health include:
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description and direct all enquiries to the contact person listed.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Values in Action: Respect for all | Safe always | Partnering in care | Learning and improving every day
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**