Position Classification: Social Worker Level 1/2, Counsellor Level 1/2, Psychologist
Remuneration: $70,944 – $109,397 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ434204
Applications Close: 3 October 2023
What you’ll be doing
Provide high quality care to clients and their family/carers to ensure the provision of evidence based interventions and optimal health outcomes consistent with ISLHD policies, procedures, standards, relevant legislation, and the NSW Health Code of Conduct. This position provides the above service to the Drug and Alcohol Adult Counselling Service. This service provides assessment, counselling and case management to adults with alcohol or other substance misuse issues, and their family, carers or friends.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed an up-to-date course of a COVID-19 vaccine (2 doses) which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Please provide proof of vaccination if available.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
This recruitment may be used to create a talent pool / eligibility list where candidates may be offered casual, permanent, or temporary full-time or part-time positions within the next 12 months.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Successful applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant must be certified as compliant with Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases before employment can commence.
Your claim against the selection criteria is the most important part of your application as it will help determine whether or not you have met the standard of response required by the panel to be eligible for an interview. You should read the Position Description and then address the selection criteria for the role, giving examples where required. Applicants are encouraged to review the following information on Applying for a position within NSW Health at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/guide/nswhealth/Pages/apply-for-position.aspx
- Relevant qualifications and registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency; relevant qualifications in Social Work with eligibility for membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers; or other relevant tertiary qualifications in behavioural science or counselling.
- Demonstrated superior skills/experience in counselling drug and alcohol clients with complex needs, using a range of modalities e.g. CBT, DBT, ACT
- A demonstrated understanding of alcohol and other drug issues, and the harm minimisation philosophy.
- A proven ability to work in a health related field and provide a range of interventions e.g. psychosocial assessment, case management ,group work, advocacy and education.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of electronic information systems
- Current NSW Drivers Licence, with the ability to travel in accordance with position responsibilities.