Relationships Australia Queensland (RAQ) is a leading provider of relationship and family support services. We believe healthy relationships are essential for the well-being of children, families and communities. We are committed to offering the best possible counselling, mediation, education and support services, and are committed to social justice and inclusion. Find out more about our values, benefits and employee experience by watching this video!
About the Role
We are currently seeking applications for multiple permanent roles of (30 – 37.5 hours per week) Intensive Family Support (IFS) Case Worker within the Intensive Family Support Service located at our Townsville venue.
The IFS Service is funded by the Department of Children, Youth Justice, and Multicultural Affairs. The IFS program is targeted to families experiencing multiple and/or complex needs with children unborn to 18 years of age who may be at risk of entering of the statutory Child protection System. The aim of this role is to provide intensive and extended, but time limited, in-home support to improve family functioning and safety for children by building the skills and capacity of parents/caregivers to a level that can be sustained by les intensive and more universally available services.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Conducting child and family assessments to determine strengths and needs of the family
- Working collaboratively with service networks to ensure that families have access to services as required using local referral protocols
- Developing, implementing and evaluating action plans to address client needs
- Providing individual and family counselling as needed, and making appropriate referrals for clients who would benefit from longer term or more specialised therapeutic interventions
- Maintaining confidentiality and duty of care, including identification of domestic and family violence
To be successful in this position, you will possess
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in the delivery of services to families who are considered to be vulnerable and at risk, as well as
- Theoretical knowledge of family systems and strengths-based approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to manage caseloads and proven effective time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and
- The capacity to engage constructively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
What We Can Offer You
The salary is being offered $80,963.63 to $94,619.10 per annum (pro rata for part-time) to be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience, plus superannuation. We also offered you as follows:
- Excellent work-life balance and flexible working hours and delivery
- Additional annual leave over the Christmas period, annual leave loading and study leave
- A supportive team environment and opportunity for professional development
- Salary packaging options available of up to $15,900, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay
- Paid parental leave and additional benefits such as medical insurance discounts
How to Apply
To apply, send us your resume and a cover letter outlining your demonstrated experience in each area. Application can be submitted by clicking the Apply Now button.
Please note that we will be reviewing applications as they’re received, so we encourage you to submit your application now!
Applications close at 4pm on 15 September 2023