atWork Australia is a leading employment services provider working with Australians living with disability, injury, health condition or those who require additional support, across the nation. We empower our clients, supporting them to build better working lives.
To do that, we work with people to identify their goals and aspirations, build skills and job-readiness, and support them through interviews and into employment. We also work with prospective employers to ensure their needs for recruiting new team members are met. In short, our approach is to support a person in the way that most helps them transform their life, in pursuit of our belief that work’s for everyone.
The First Nations Australian Mentor is responsible for delivering excellent service to our First Nations clients and ensuring they feel engaged and valued while receiving a service from atWork Australia. The role includes assisting clients with activities to find sustainable employment including Job Search, connection with local services, talking to employers and support while in-work
The role will also be instrumental in the co-design of services for First Nations clients, ensuring that atWork Australia delivers a service that enables our First Nations clients to find and keep good work.
You will be working with a vibrant, collaborative and goals focused team of employment services professionals from diverse backgrounds, who are all seeking to have an impact in the diversity and inclusion space.
- Support atWork Australia leaders and HR teams to develop services for clients and employees
- Engage with First Nations clients throughout their time in service with atWork Australia, supporting them to overcome barriers to employment
- Engage with the local community to provide wrap-around services to First Nations clients
- Support Job Coaches, In-Work Support Coaches and Employer Engagement Consultants to work with First Nations Clients to find and keep good work
- Assist clients with access to their MyGov accounts and how to upload their job searching requirements.
- Work closely with all atWork staff to identify training needs and to provide quality service to our clients.
- Engage clients in the training programs being delivered.
Attributes and Experience:
- Understanding of Aboriginal and CALD individuals and communities.
- Experience in customer service or a client facing role, minimum one year’s experience;
- Ideally, demonstrated experience of working with people overcoming challenges;
- Happy and confident liaising with multiple external and internal stakeholders;
- An overall desire to be part of our broader atWork Australia family, with a true belief in our purpose: to connect people and business, so both can thrive; and
- Hold a current Drivers Licence.
What we will give you
- Ongoing career development and national opportunities, as well as on the job training
- Access to MedHealth Academy including your own professional development plan inclusive of individual training and mentoring
- Opportunity to complete a Certificate IV in Employment Services *conditions apply
- Job stability and guaranteed full-time hours
- Achievable quarterly incentive scheme
- Access to a range of benefits including discounts for health insurance, access to psychology services, ability to purchase additional leave, roadside assistance and paid parental leave.
You are welcome here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, proudly welcoming people living with disability, including mental health conditions, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people from the LGBTQI community, veterans, carers and Indigenous Australians, to our team. When you join MedHealth, we want you to bring your whole self to work – and we value your unique contribution.