At ACAP we change lives. We equip our students with a deep understanding of human behaviour, the skills to make a positive difference and the resilience to enjoy long, healthy careers.
ACAP, The Australian College of Applied Professions, is Australia’s leading independent provider of tertiary education, delivering accredited courses in psychology, social work, counselling, coaching, criminology, law, and business management and leadership (MBA).
Join our dedicated counselling team as a Level B, Lecturer and unlock your potential to make a lasting impact!
As a Counselling Lecturer, Level B, you will teach students to become real-world-ready practitioners who are curious, ethical, and want to make a positive impact in the world.
Get ready to inspire and shape the minds of future professionals while enjoying a range of fulfilling responsibilities:
- Ignite intellectual curiosity through independent teaching in tutorials, workshops, placement units, and clinical sessions, engaging with students in immersive learning experiences
- Explore innovative teaching methodologies in developing and reviewing units and course materials in collaboration with Senior Counselling academic staff
- Participate in scholarly research projects from time to time, enriching your expertise and contributing to the advancement of knowledge in the Counselling field, keeping you at the forefront of the discipline and bringing fresh insights to your teaching
- Cultivate a growth mindset as you actively reflect on your teaching practice, utilising feedback to continually improve and enhance your methods. By participating in formal professional development activities, you’ll stay abreast of the latest teaching approaches and ensure your students receive the best educational experience
- Join our vibrant academic community and actively participate in discipline meetings, where your contributions will help shape the future of Counselling education
- Make a positive impact on your students’ academic journey by providing them with valuable advice on study skills. Empower them with the tools they need to excel in their studies and achieve their educational goals.
If you are seeking an enriching and fulfilling role that combines teaching excellence with making a significant impact, then this opportunity could be your ideal career move. Come and join our vibrant academic community and be part of a transformative educational journey.
It is essential you can demonstrate:
- A strong educational background, preferably with postgraduate qualifications in Counselling
- Extensive experience in both teaching and working within a tertiary education institution, demonstrating a deep understanding of effective educational practices
- A proven track record of substantial industry practice in the counselling field, showcasing real-world expertise and insights
- Eligibility for membership of ACA (Australian Counselling Association) or PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)
- Demonstrated passion for nurturing and empowering the next generation of counsellors through exceptional teaching and mentorship
- A dedicated and proactive approach to advancing your academic career in the field of counselling, embracing opportunities for professional growth
Some benefits and perks of working with ACAP include:
- Genuine flexibility with hybrid working arrangements
- Health & well-being packages including free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, travel, hotels, and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
- Up to 75% off study scholarships on all our courses
- 2 paid volunteer days per year for your passionate causes
Diversity and Inclusion:
ACAP promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace delivers a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students, and clients. We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
Apply now to embark on an exciting adventure that will shape the future of education!
- Submit your CV and cover letter;
- No more than a two-page summary addressing your suitability against the selection criteria.
Like to find out more? We’d love to hear from you!
Contact Gina Saliba, Associate Dean +61 2 9964 6434 for a confidential discussion.
Please note applicants are assessed upon receipt so you are encouraged to apply now and require full working rights in Australia. Successful candidates may need to undergo criminal records and working with children check.