- Location negotiable – based at an office across Inner Gippsland
- Part time, fixed term 12 months Schads 5 role
The Navigator program works with young people aged 12 to 17 years who have dis-engaged from education, to re-engage in their education through effective assertive outreach and case management support. AV and Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation (Ramahyuck) have partnered to deliver an innovative Navigator program that works collaboratively with young people, their families, schools, communities, Local Learning and Employment Networks, and DET Area teams to provide holistic support targeted at re-engaging to education.
- Provide initial intake and assessment with parents/carers and young people as appropriate, to identify barriers and strengths and make initial plans with young people and their families around participating in education.
- Provide active hold and brief intervention support for young people waiting for support to re-engage back into mainstream education, make appropriate referrals, and follow up in relation to barriers and issues identified for the young person
- Provide advice, support and specific intervention to families or care givers who provide direct day to day care of young people, on managing challenging behaviour.
- Utilise various data and reporting systems required for the delivery of the service and complete reporting tasks as directed.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with relevant experience; or diploma level with substantial experience.
- Ability and experience in engaging young people & their families presenting with a complexity of issues and encouraging them to access further assistance as required.
- Sound written and oral communication, negotiation and liaison skills and the ability to work with government and non-government organisations, community groups and clients’ families/networks.
- Ability to engage with young people and families over the phone to identify barriers to education and provide initial assessments around family issues such as abuse, family breakdown and family relationships
- Knowledge of service supports available to assist young people and their families
Find the position description here: Intake and Active Hold Worker PD YS NAV E AW5 052023 V1.1.pdf
Complete an online application via the AV careers page, attaching three documents: a resume, a cover letter and a short response addressing the Key Selection Criteria (no more than 2 pages in total).
For further enquiries contact Program Manager Michelle Taranto 5135 9555
Applications close Sunday 17th September 2023
We will be reviewing applications as they come in and may close the position early if we find our preferred applicant.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People. Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.