Intake and Assessment Advisor (Mild-Moderate Primary Mental Health Services)
Wesley Mission Queensland is a not-for-profit community service provider that offers community support, mental health and disability services, aged and palliative care, and retirement living across Queensland. We have a long and proud history of supporting people in need and live by our values of Innovation, Hope, Integrity, Compassion, Justice, Empowerment and Respect.
We strive to be a welcoming, caring and inclusive community that celebrates diversity and supports employees of all backgrounds and faiths. People with passion, connected by hope for a more compassionate, just and inclusive society is our story. Join us and be part of a story you’ll love to tell.
About the Role
The Intake and Assessment Advisor works within a small team administering the Mid-Moderate Primary Mental Health Service for the Brisbane South region. This role is responsible for conducting phone based intake/triage, assessment and referral services for eligible and non-eligible clients of the program, including suicide prevention referrals. The role is responsible for progressing referrals to appropriate services including approved pool of service providers to increase service access by targeted vulnerable and socioeconomically disadvantaged populations and actively seeking feedback on the quality of service provided.
The role is Fixed Term, either Full Time or Part Time
Key requirements for this role include
- Tertiary level qualifications in social work, mental health and/or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in working in mental health and/or in-depth understanding of mental health issues including best treatment options and relevant support services.
- Demonstrated successful experience in an intake and assessment role within a multidisciplinary mental health setting or similar.
Why Join Us
Wesley Mission Queensland brings together people who want to make a difference in the lives of others. We value diversity, strive for inclusion, and come together to walk alongside those in need to provide hope and compassion. We are committed to working collaboratively to help you grow, support your wellbeing, and enable you to be your true self each day aligned to our mission and values. Along the journey, we will encourage you to find your story. We offer our team members:
- Support from our Employee Wellbeing Program – we are recognised as a Mental Health First Aid Skilled Workplace!
- Access to salary packaging benefits that enable you to increase your take-home pay
- Discounted allied health services such as nutrition, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and remedial massage
- Access to discounts on private health insurance, gym memberships and travel
- Flexible working hours and where applicable a hybrid working strategy
Wesley Mission Queensland offers new employees joining Residential Aged Care, Community Aged Care, Hopewell Hospice, Hummingbird House, NDIS Community Support and Specialist Disability Accommodation teams a bonus of $250 at commencement and $500 at 12 months. To find out if you are eligible, contact the Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
WMQ’s vision for reconciliation is for all people to stand unified in an equal and inclusive future. We commit to enhancing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People and celebrating diversity. As part of our commitment to Reconciliation we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Wesley Mission Queensland respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we work and live. We acknowledge Elders both past and present, whose ongoing effort to protect and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures will leave a lasting legacy for future Elders and leaders.
Please note: You will be asked for evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application process as required by Legislation, Health Directives and WMQ Policy.