Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
Why this role matters
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here: 1._AOD_Model_Of_Care_2021.pdf (salvationarmy.org.au)
About the role
We are seeking a values-driven Intake & Assessment Case Worker who will provide effective service delivery including case management, assessment, referral, education (including group work) and support in accordance with TSA guidelines, ensuring a comprehensive participant led recovery based service is provided.
You will successfully
- Provide efficient day to day service delivery through education, interventions, group work, assessment, referral and case work within a recovery orientated and person led service environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to an environment that values continuous improvement and innovation in the delivery of high quality services
- Acquire and maintain a good working knowledge of referral and support options for participants.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other services.
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Southport, QLD. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 4.
You will have
- Minimum of Diploma level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Willingness and ability to work shifts across the week – Monday to Friday
- Knowledge of AOD/Gambling, Community Services & Health Sectors
- Experience working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- Experience working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and religions.
- Valid Driver’s license
What we offer
- Flexible working conditions
- (Maybe eligible to) NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate, and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.