Anglicare Southern Queensland’s Counselling & Family Wellbeing team in Strathpine is seeking an Intake and Assessment officer to join it’s team on a Part-time basis working Mondays, Tuesdays and every alternate Wednesday.
This role is responsible for providing comprehensive intake and assessments over the telephone in collaboration with the client. Your assessments will reflect the client’s choices and preferences in order to support prospective clients into the most appropriate service stream within our services, or referral to external services.
Now is your time to make a change in your life to make a difference in the lives of others!
What we offer you
- SCHDI SAC Level 4 Hourly rate from $41.52 – $44.67 per hour
- Join a respected Not For Profit and make a real impact in your role to assist Queenslanders in need.
- Great flexibility, work-life balance, flexible hours and hybrid work from home (WFH) model.
- Salary Packaging – package up to $15,900 per year tax free! This means you can pay for items such as Rent, Mortgage, Credit Cards, Utilities, School Tuition and more out of your salary before tax!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, venue hire, holiday accommodation etc.)
- Enjoy the potential tax savings of a Novated Car Lease.
- Employee Discounts at some of Australia’s leading retailers.
- 6% Bupa Health Insurance Discount.
- Ongoing training and support with hundreds of free online courses on our learning management system.
- Career Opportunities – join a company who aim to promote from within to fill new roles with our internal-only Job Board.
- Opportunities to purchase additional annual leave.
- Free counselling through our Employee Assistance Programs and Pastoral Care Support and retreats.
- Free annual Flu vaccinations.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, those from Cultural and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental ill health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
This is your opportunity to showcase your client centred attitude. In order to provide the best possible service to our clients we are looking for the following.
- Ability to positively engage with clients in a supportive role and establish goals
- Well- developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively and sensitively with a range of clients, including those with challenging behaviours
- Ability to assess potential risk factors for clients
- Organisation skills, able to prioritise own workload, meet established deadlines, achieves high quality work outcomes and to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary environment and across service boundaries to support clients
- An understanding of contemporary legislation, philosophies and practices including the ability to work in a child-focused and whole-of-family framework
- Ability to use computers and software such as Microsoft office, including email/internet technology in an everyday work environment.
We will also require the following:
- Current National Police Check
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Mental Health, Psychology or similar field
- Current COVID-19 Vaccination certificate
Send us your current resume and answer a few easy screening questions.
We want to ensure all applicants have the opportunity to present their best selves, if you require any adjustments to the recruitment process or require further information please contact Alecia Williamson on 0478 325 019.
Applications close 3 October 2023
Anglicare Southern Queensland is committed to the health and safety of our workforce. Shortlisted Applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessments that requests the sharing of information regarding pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments for all applicants. A Task Overview List and Position Description is available by emailing [email protected]