About Access Health and Community (AccessHC)
With a history of 150 years and caring at our centre, our mission and commitment is to build healthier lives within our communities and to deliver excellent health and community services for all. We have a dedicated and experienced team of over 360 employees and 200 volunteers operating across 18 locations. Our people are the centre of everything we do, making a contribution to the wellbeing of the community every day through our work, making a difference every day to those that need it most.
An exciting new opportunity to join our thriving community health care organisation, work within a truly supportive, and value-based culture and engaged workforce. The headspace Hawthorn & Malvern teams work with young people and their families within our community to access a range of services to support their wellbeing. The opportunity has arisen for an Intake Clinician to be an important part of the headspace team.
What you will be doing
- Provide intake, assessment, Single Session and Brief Interventions to young people aged 12-25years
- Assist and advocate with referrals to appropriate supports
- As part of the wider intake team, assist in the managing of duty calls, services enquiries, new referrals, scheduling Single Session and Intake appointments
- Provide case management/care coordination to a small number of young people with complex and chronic risk
What you will bring
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in mental health, alcohol and other drugs, social work, psychology, youth work or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience working in youth mental health, alcohol and other drugs, community or similar health services (minimum two years’ experience)
- Experience and qualifications in Single Session and/or Brief Intervention
- Experience and recognised training in clinical risk assessment and management
- Genuine interest and passion to work with young people, their family and friends
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and respectfully with a diverse range of social, cultural, and LGBTQIA+ backgrounds
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated behaviours consistent with AccessHC values.
Access Health and Community Culture & Benefits
At Access Health and Community, we offer more than just a fulfilling career: – we provide an environment where you can thrive in a culture of collaboration and support. Our team members share a common commitment and passion to make a positive impact, and we believe that this shared ethos creates a range of benefits for all who work with us. From opportunities for personal and professional growth to a sense of purpose and belonging, our culture promotes an environment of success and fulfilment. Come join us and experience the rewards of a career where you truly make a difference.
The position encompasses an extensive range of benefits that are on offer:
- A truly supportive and valued based culture and engaged workforce
- A culture of trust and empowerment for people to grow and thrive
- Commitment to a work-life balance with flexible working conditions
- An authentic focus on staff wellbeing and health- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous salary packaging opportunities (up to $15,990 per annum + meals/entertainment expenses)
- A commitment to ongoing professional Development and career growth
- Paid parental leave and opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Annual leave Loading
Please click the web link to view our culture and benefits: https://accesshc.org.au/culture-and-benefits
If the role sounds like you, please submit your application which is to include your resume AND cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Please refer to the position description on our website for the key selection criteria information: https://accesshc.org.au/careers/
Apply now so you don’t miss this opportunity. We will be assessing applications as they are submitted.
For more information regarding your application or if you would like to discuss accessibility requirements, preferred communication methods or other possibilities, please email: Karen Vogel – Manager, headspace Hawthorn & Malvern [email protected]
Applications close DATE: Wednesday 30th August, 2023
Access Health and Community is a Child Safe Organisation that values inclusivity and diversity. We encourage applications from people with disabilities, those with mental health and/or AOD recovery experience, and those with diverse genders and sexualities. We also support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those form culturally and linguistically diverse background. As a vaccine positive organisation, we encourage COVID-19 vaccinations and offer disability services, requiring successful applicants to undergo a NDIS Workers Screening Check, Working With Children Check, Police Check and potentially an International Check.