About On the Line
On the Line Australia is a 24/7 national charitable provider of suicide prevention, mental health and counselling services. We provide free professional support and help for people to navigate Australia’s complex service systems.
We specialise in remote service provision, having pioneered the use of technology to reach people in need since 1960. On the Line Australia delivers some of Australia’s most vital free helpline services, including MensLine Australia, Suicide Call Back Service, and SuicideLine Victoria.
Immediate start is available.
About the Role
As an Intake and Referral Officer (IRO), you will oversee the delivery of intake assessments and case and support coordination for services on behalf of On the Line’s funders. This includes assessing, planning, implementing, working collaboratively with other support providers, monitoring and evaluating actions required to meet the client’s plan in line with agreed guidelines and service levels.
- Complete intake assessment that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, and person-centred
- Administrative activities, as well as clinical activity in working with consumers who may exhibit a range of mental health issues, specifically suicidal ideation
- Assist consumers to make informed decisions by providing accurate information regarding their service options.
- Develop effective working relations with relevant referral partners, consumers, Allied Health Providers, GPs and PHNs
- Assess risk and understanding consumer goals
- Report to the Clinical Manager/ Lead Counsellor on Desk to ensure that all referrals are actioned within specific timeframes and that all bookings for various clinical programs run smoothly.
- Work collaboratively as a team, the IRO will be across all tasks and work with each other to balance the volume.
- Minimum Cert IV in Mental Health or equivalent qualification
- Extensive case or support coordination experience (highly desired)
- Mental health sector experience
- Strong administration skills including excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of a range of computer applications that include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Microsoft Dynamics
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Understanding of confidentiality and risk management protocols
- Problem solving skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong customer service mindset
- The right to work unrestricted in Australia (evidence will be required)
- Willing to obtain a current and cleared National Police Check and Working with Children card
Working at Home Requirements
As this is a digital-based telephone and chat service, there are minimum setup requirements for you to adequately perform in this role when working at home, including:
- A safe and quiet workspace
- Stable and consistent internet connection
- You have strong IT skills and proficiency in telephony-based systems where you are comfortable navigating software, typing and talking at the same time
Salary and benefits
- Competitive remuneration options
- Salary Packaging options
- Working from home
Please find as position description via this link
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome applications from everyone irrespective of cultural or linguistic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, religion or spiritual beliefs, socio-economic status, age, or abilities and groups currently under-represented across the organisation.
The job advertisement may close earlier if suitable candidate is found.