Full time, Fixed Term position until 30 June 2024.
Due to organisational growth, Encircle are seeking an experienced Intake and Response Officer to support vulnerable individuals and families who are experiencing complex and high needs, providing assessment, referral pathways and brief interventions.
Encircle has been supporting people in the Moreton Bay and Brisbane North regions for 35 years, creating a culture where everyone can be their best, in an environment that values inclusion, diversity, and flexibility. At Encircle, everyone is welcome, everyone belongs.
Our team is passionate, and we are making a difference. We are driven to support our community through their toughest challenges, helping them reach their goals. We work with energy, curiosity, professionalism and optimism.
About the Team
Our Housing and Neighbourhoods team deliver programs that Encircle implements on behalf of the Queensland Government, working in close cooperation with a range of other service providers, peer and community networks, and local governments.
Our Neighbourhood Centres are located in Pine Rivers, Redcliffe and Kallangur and support Encircles’ vision for communities to be connected resilient and thriving. A large proportion of community members engage with us initially through our doors or over the phone seek support with their immediate needs – a hot meal or drink, food parcel, access to laundry facilities, therapeutic and financial counselling, early intervention assistance to avoid homelessness, or to join one of the community groups that call our Centres home.
The Neighbourhood Centres are supported by a team of very passionate, qualified, and skilled people which include the Community Development team, Reception and Volunteer teams.
About this Role
This role forms part of our Neighbourhoods Team and provide support to individuals and families who present with complex and/or high needs, through assessment, referral pathways and brief interventions.
As part of this Team, this role will also contribute to design and delivery of activities under the Annual Community Development Work Plan, and engage with regional networks and community groups and includes:
- Conduct initial assessments within a client focused, culturally inclusive, trauma informed and respectful practice framework.
- Engage with and assess the needs and risks of individuals and families presenting with complex and/or high needs to explore and implement actions required.
- Provide brief interventions across Encircle centres and other settings, developing strategies to enhance capacity, capability, and self-determination.
- Undertake event, project and resource design and delivery within Encircle’s Community Development program.
- Actively engage in regional networking and community group work that enhances awareness of community need.
Key Selection Criteria
To be successful in this role you will be able to:
- Demonstrated experience to engage and assess clients with complex, challenging and/or high need, and managing conflictual situations.
- Demonstrated experience in providing brief interventions informed by inclusive, strengths-based and trauma informed practice approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders that includes government, community, private and the general community.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in both written and verbal forms.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges and needs of all community members including First Nations Peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse, LBGTI+ backgrounds, and other vulnerable population groups.
- Ability to engage with and be informed by community dialogue, and in the delivery of events, projects and resources that support more resilient communities.
- Well-developed computer skills that include database management, collection of statistical data, preparation of reports, and familiarity with MS Office suite.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally degree qualified in a human service field (Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or similar)
- Minimum of two years in an intake and assessment role.
For further information or to request a copy of the position description, please contact [email protected]. All enquiries are treated with the strictest confidence.
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a CALD background and people living with a disability.
To apply for this position, you should include a cover letter introducing yourself and clearly identifying the position you are applying for, summarising your suitability for this role by addressing the Selection Criteria. A copy of your Resume should also be included with your application.
Please note that we will not be accepting applications via employment agencies.
Please note that applications will be considered on receipt, closing 18 August 2023.